What is the time factor to reset mmr uncertainty?

I hear folks come back from a long time not playing and their mmr / sr swings are like new accounts.

How long do you think it takes for the mmr to become uncertain again?

3 Likes

I would say a month probably to get it to be a bit unsure again.

Not completely certain though.

1 Like

I’ll give it a try. Maybe mmr resets are already built in?

1 Like

Pretty sure they don’t reset. In my experience, MMR adjusts as quickly as 2-3 games so a reset would never be necessary. Thing is, though, no one knows.

3 Likes

Blizzard hasnt revealed if it ever resets at all, you like to ask questions about company secrets that they dont tell us

3 Likes

Don’t know unless you ask.

I’m sorry the system that matches us up is a company secret!

1 Like

You are talking like other FPS Competitive games just reveal their code. Stop being so entitled :rofl:

2 Likes

anything concerning the workings of competitive take it with grain of salt. all these players don’t really how a lot of this stuff works it’s mostly assumptions and guesses.

2 Likes

Most likely a month or more

2 Likes

Thanks.

A guess is what I was expecting.

Sometimes I ask these questions and someone gives me a quote from the unofficial “how mmr and seasons work”.

But nowadays people just flame me for “trying to dig for secrets” lol.

1 Like

Tbh it’s probably more likely their SR swings DOWN because they forgot how to aim :smiley: They got rusty.

Depends how long the time frame is I guess.

2 Likes

No reset in the game, nor (stupidly) will there be for OW 2 unless “Blizzard” changes their stance. Ridiculous that anyone should be grandfathered into tiers in a new game but there it is.

They have on more than one occasion explicitly stated they haven’t and do not plan to. They did it once IIRC, and it was very disruptive.

link it 20 characters

They don’t usually but they don’t give us confusing, clearly unfair systems either

I do not think there is any reset, tbh. I just did Comp placements this Season, and the last Season I actively played Comp was Season 23, and I still ended up where I was back then.

2 Likes

I mean, at least one is. Overall it doesn’t matter, because in general you’re right. My hope is that it opens up after this came out last month.

docs.microsoft . com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/matchmaking/quickstart