What is the strange blue circle that has appeared on the right side of my screen with a glowing blue border?

It has wedge-shaped bars radiating out from the center and doesn’t correlate with anything I can figure out. I want it gone but can’t find any settings related to it. Someone please help. It appeared around the same time my game performance began plummeting minute by minute that I’m logged in.

Do you have any type of photo?

That sounds like the Nahimic sound manager which is a built-in program commonly found on MSI motherboards. Disable that program to remove that unwanted UI.

7 Likes

@SuperNinja I would link you to one but despite having a link option it says I can’t include any in my posts, which is pretty stupid.

Wyoming, it has nothing to do with audio. It lights up like a christmas tree in total silence. I think it’s something to do with performance. It appeared the same time my game completely broke and stopped being playable after a single match. It’s been a problem for months and only appears on Overwatch, nothing else. It’s also the only game I have any performance issues with.

Please understand what I am describing is a Control software for handling sound features related to the motherboard and it basically has overlay features similar to that of Discord or GE Force experience. It doesn’t matter if it’s actually making any noise, but if that software is on your operating system you can disable it and be able to remove that blue circle.

1 Like

The program you are describing is not installed on my computer. It has nothing to do with my problem. It is exclusively a part of Overwatch and appears and affects nothing else. I thought that would have been obviously implied by my response but I guess I was wrong. I appreciate the tip but you are wrong.

If that be the case please post a screenshot of glitched user interface. Since you appear to be new to the forums, you can bypass the link blocker, by placing a url of the screenshot between two tick marks (`):

`http://www.imageurl.com`

https://imgur.com/a/SGvUeMa

Log onto Overwatch, if the circle appears, press Ctrl+Shift+S. If it disappears, I am right and this is the Nahimic overlay.

6 Likes

Huh, that did do it. Thanks.

As I thought, it took a little while to look up but here are your next steps if you absolutely want to make sure that never appears again. Again this assumes you use MSI hardware.

1. Open MSI Dragon Center Application and click on Nahimic2UILauncher.
  2. When the Nahimic window opens, go to Sound Tracker tab.
  3. Now press the On/Off button to disable this feature.
1 Like

i have the same problem and i did press ctrl shift and s and it doesnt work and im not able to do the complicated second step

DaniWasp,

If you’re not able to find the MSI Nahimic software to disable the overlay you could instead just uninstall the software completely which would get rid of the overlay too.

Go to Start -> Settings -> Apps
Find MSI Nahimic and uninstall it

I had the same problem and it was Nahimic software - thank you so much!