What is Moira's Right click beam width? (no longer necessary)

I’d have to think the diameter would be a bit bigger than Zaryas, so probably around 0.22-0.25 meters.

I wish it was just because of how many people complain so I can just stand still while genji jumps all around me. :sunglasses: right click and just sit back and read a book.

If it was a lock-on it would work like Mercy’s beam lol.

1 Like

I think it’s the same as the spread on most shotgun weapons. I went into training one day and latched onto bots, then turned around to see how far the beam would go before it disengaged. It didn’t stretch very far, but it was still pretty forgiving.

It didn’t read that way to me, but I suppose different people read things different ways. :slightly_smiling_face: I apologize if I offended at all.

Also claimed to be a Diamond Moira player and if you check the pf, it’s FAR from it.

its 3cm bigger than a fully charged zarya (on screen, not in game measurement)

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: They…OP literally has no comp playtime on Moira [at least on the account they posted with. I suppose it’s possible they got an alt or a console account to Diamond with her, but confirmation with a screencap would be nice.]

They say personally they dont like moira, so they were curious about a game mechanic; as they are doing a rework for fun. They weren’t saying “moira unfun, nerf”.

People get so upset when their heroes get mentioned here.

Are you sure about that?

Sorry, I should have they aren’t happy with their current levels of engagement.

I created the rework. Thank you to everyone here!

i think it was “2”

uknown unit, however it may be meters?

Edit: According to the Wiki, Current zarya beam is "0.15 meter beam width"

Use that as a reference?

The wiki only has “Has a very large beam width.” For moira, seems they dont know either

We aren’t saying it’s a lock on. We are saying it’s so large it may as well be. Like how pyrite looks like gold but isn’t gold, you know? It’s fools gold. Moiras beam is a fools lock on.

Theory crafing, most likely. It should be theoretically be possible to recreate on the workshop however. If anyone’s interested, check out the rework idea!

1 Like

Do comparision testing,

Symmetras beam is: “0.2 meter beam width”

Zaryas beam is: “0.15 meter beam width”

try using that as a reference, with some guesses and maths, you should be able to get a pretty close estimate

It needs to be half, or get damage drop-off.

And no, it was NEVER like high-charge Zarya, always a myth.

I made some major damage changes, so no worries about that.

I also expanded on her orb kit (damage orb to be precise) and made some minor changes to balance out her healing

Oof 100 dps sounds a bit crazy for a support…

it encourages too much damage moira from what ive seen…

It most definitely is not

As for op iirc the size of coalescence is the same size as her primary fire I find a crosshair circle with the distance between set to 90 seems to pretty accurately fully measure the width at max range and that’s iirc the size of a symmetra ball or coalescence

I completely nullifed the damage on the damage orb and reduced her range.

She also regenerates more biotic energy so 100 dps will be extremely rare.

However, your feedback is greatly appreciated!