What is Dae-Hyun's role?

(Michael Chu) #12

Dae-hyun works primarily as a mechanic on the mechs (specifically on Tokki–D.Va’s mech). There are other mechanics who help to maintain the different mechs and have other responsibilities around the base.

Overwatch Blizzard/Developer Post Directory - Last Updated: 11/06/2018

Any chance on an expansion on that, beyond what we currently know? We’re all always guessing. >_>

So it is Dae-hyun?
I’d have sworn it was Tae…

Ah thank you. Beyond that how long has he known D.va and worked with her?

Makes me wonder if every pilot has their own mechanic as a team. :thinking:

Y’all have really out done yourselves with the mekas. I love them all so much! :heart:️ Please make them heroes! Is there any little hidden bits of lore you can tell us about them? I’m so happy that I need a movie of them all. See this squad of young adults adds a awesome flavor to overwatch that I thought was missing. Really thank you so much for this short!

(Michael Chu) #18

They’re friends from childhood.

Overwatch Blizzard/Developer Post Directory - Last Updated: 11/06/2018

So friendzoned. Got it.

I don’t think so but time will tell

Is that him and D.Va as children with the omnic that has the name ハナ printed on it? In the “Are You With Us?” teaser?

How important is he in the story? Is he just a side character?

Can we get some insight on the personalities/dynamic of the other members in the Meka Squad?

Ok thank you. Will you be willing to answer more questions about the lore?

Just ask it so he can see it. He’s probably really busy and it might be easier that way

Lucio/Symmetra comic or short or haiku in the works? :kissing_heart:

Yeah but he might not respond because they are unrelated to D.va.

Yeah but you are asking him a question to ask a question instead of seeing if he will just respond. It kinda defeats the purpose. Lol

True true true. It is more meant to be polite though.

Ha ha ha… His job is to fix the mech that D.Va already self-repairs. How worthless. I love him so much.

Based on the Shooting Star short, D.Va is doing his job for him then, in addition to her own responsibilities.