What if: OWL 2022 drops Closed Beta keys

When Valorant launched, you needed to watch streamers to get drops for beta access keys.

What if OWL season 5 does the same thing, but for May/June closed beta keys.

8 Likes

honestly I think the devs wouldn’t hear the end of it. we were all waiting for ow2 and now we get a beta and we get slapped in the face with a “lol no” like nah uh

2 Likes

Owl viewers if this happens: :chart_with_upwards_trend::chart_with_upwards_trend::chart_with_upwards_trend:

10 Likes

Everyone would be angry? OW’s success isn’t OWL.

They want to get back to making money ASAP.

Why would we just be getting a beta?

OWL won’t be beta testing. They’ll be playing an early version of the game, meaning a complete version.

6 Likes

I watch OWL, so that’d be fine.

How do you make the leap from early version to complete version? OWL will likely just get a version that only has pvp because pve needs more time. There’s likely going to be bugs as well.

As for the OPs question. It would be good marketing for them. They increase hype for both at the same time. People here will complain but they always do so who gives a…
People hating on OWL are still farming tokens for league skins because they just like to signal their dislike while getting those skins.

1 Like

So nothing new?

I’ve just never heard of an e-sport where they’re basically just beta testers.

I feel like the appeal of e-sports is that they’re playing a very popular game at a much higher level than the average player.

An early build of the game probably just means the game comes out shortly before and they’ll be using a build that is just post release.

Esports players are basically just entertainers

The bribe would work to be fair; in return however, when OWL dies I’ll dance on its grave.

Entertainers that get paid a ton of money. They’re essentially athletes.

Athletes are essentially entertainers.

1 Like

Well, you just gave them the ideas. Now they will do it, grey.

1 Like

They should give away beta keys on my stream so people are forced to watch my terrible silver DPS gameplay in order to really earn a key

2 Likes

It would be a good promotion to me, so many other games do it. They’d get a ton of backlash in this community but you can hardly do anything without that, so I’d be all for it.

I don’t think it will happen though based on the “Early Build” comment that OWL players will be playing on. I don’t think it’ll be ready outside of OWL competition for them to even give beta keys out.

That’s my speculation.

I will be watching OWL more than ever before if this is the case

Why not open beta? They need to test server loads and get bug/balance reports to make the game as functional as possible for launch. Why the exclusivity for something most fans don’t watch?

I remember the Valorant beta was region locked and as an Australian, we weren’t allowed to gain access.

That better not happen with OW2. I went as far as VPNing my Twitch account and making a separate US-based Riot ID

1 Like

I wouldn’t care tbh, I would just have the streams play in the background as I do something else and I will get a beta key.

1 Like

Then I’d be sad because since I live in Japan I’m not eligible for this kind of prize (Like OWL tokens)