What if Brigitte doesn't use her shield to bash?

This will basically kill Brig and her role. You have finally caved to the highly vocal minority and nerfed her to the point no one will play her… Winston will now just shield dance all the flankers can now just follow winston and shield dance. Orisa can throw that shield quite a distance allowing for more shield dance. You have effectively removed her only effective range of 6 meters and made it closer to 2 meters. If this change goes live she counter nothing but poor tracer players. Welcome back dive meta now and forever the forum whiners wont allow anything else.

1 Like

shield bashing is not the problem. The problem is the way it’s made.

shield bash should be an ability with charging properties. If you just hold M2 and press M1, it does the attack (like the way it is)
It’s ok it stuns squishies. But to stun tanks and bigger guys, the attack should have a charging time: Hold M2 and press AND hold/release M1, so when it’s ready, it can stun tanks (nothing too long, but something people can see she is preparing so they are able to react)
If you just M2+M1 (light stun) tanks are not stunned. To do so, the player has to THINK strategies (zarya bubble exemple) to use it (and enemies CAN SEE she is charging the the bash and are able to react.

RIP Brigette and let’s continue to hail our must pick to win overlord Reinhardt.

1 Like

Long overdue, since Dive was only really effective at very high ranks, it will be just amazing to play in plat again without having to soak a cheap stun.

Have you ever played Illios or any payload map or heard of a think called Bunker Comp? Or better yet, do you even play the game? Like at all? Because it for sure doesn’t seem like it.

Orisa + Hog is still a very strong disrruption based comp, wich is nearly 100% based on callouts for a Halt + Hook combo. And guess who plays Orisa in that exact comp? xQc and do you remember his role in the Dallas Fuel? Shield tank, all 3.

Doesn’t matter what you think about the guy, he’s way above our level when it comes to knowledge about the 3 shield tanks (and in rank as well :man_shrugging:), he more than both of us knows hoq to use all 3 shield tanks in their strong spots. So I will gladly take his opinion over yours for example, because he has the knowledge to back it up and you don’t (and neither do I).

Is that why before Reinhardt became our must pick a quite a few seasons ago, it was blatantly D.Va, all the way down to Bronze? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

http s://www.esportstales.com/overwatch/most-played-heroes-by-competitive-tier-season-9

That’s the thing, I’m talking about a whole comp of 6 heroes, you’re talking about 1 of them, D’va has such a high pickrate mainly due to DM, Dive on the other hand was pretty much non existent in lower ranks.

Tf2 is a hero shooter, Paladins is a hero shooter and in this game BETTER SHOOTER WINS.

Geoff, do not go through with this change please. This is not a good change to be making for reasons I list in the thread I’m linking.

Please, make the change I’ve suggested here instead.

It places brig where she is supposed to be rather than where she is right now, as a backline enforcer instead of a frontline reinhardt abuser, while not giving her special treatment due to the broken nature of her interactions with reinhardt.

You’re telling me orisa isn’t useful in high ground situations or control maps with a pit? You’re telling me orissa is terrible for forcing an enemy team to group to a location during an ult securing a multikill almost everytime? Orisa is good, she’s just not meta, relax, i play hamster, and YES he’s perceived as terrible, but he and orisa aren’t worthless they’re just niche. Just like bastion. Ori is also really good at helping her team from afar, while she stands on the payload. She’s not useless, she’s just not top tier. Which is fine.

Instead of nerfing characters for the sake of complaints and what you think is logic. Try to buff other characters to come over that challenge or at least have some chance of trying. Doesn’t always have to all about reverting and nerfing.

1 Like

Hi Geoff… pretty new to the forums so I hope this feedback is useful. If the barrier change doesnt feel right I have an idea that would keep her strengths while addressing her major frustrations:

TL;DR have brig’s shield bash stun targets with less current health than her and only a slight knockback if they have more health than her at the time of the bash.

we must have played a different game then. What does Drogoz’s ult have to do with shooting? What does Lian’s slide have to do with aim? What does Ying’s shatter have to do with aim? What does Lex’s right click have to do with aim? I can go on about this for hours.

I understand you had a big back and forth about this, but just to chime in late:

You’re wrong. Her niche is the front line. Her whole kit says it is.

Sorry you misunderstood, fam :+1:

Does the loon ranting about Rein and Orisa realize the only reason Rein is getting picked over Orisa is because his ult is better and synergizes with Brig? What would you take with a hero that can stun the enemy shield tank: an AoE stun ult, or a meh damage boost?

Think is, and this is what I’d consider bad about this change: This needs to apply to Doomfist, too.

For two reasons:

• One, his charge-stun is just as annoying as Brigitte’s in this regard, for 200HP or less characters more so because they’re dead right away.
  • Second, it’s inconsistent and adds arbitrary - and needless! - complexity for newcomers. Easier to just say “Charges go through shields” vs “Charges get blocked by shields”.

Hence for consistency, apply the same to DF’s and Reinhardt’s charge and it’s fine.

One remaining issue would be how this further promotes Reinhardt instead of Orisa, in the face of CC, when Orisa was meant to be the anti-CC tank.

As a Brigitte main (A former Rein main) since her debut, this constant killing of her kit is making her more and more unplayable.

When she was introduced by Jeff Kaplan as a way to deal with quote “that annoying Tracer or Genji killing your back line support units unchecked”.

If these changes go live, Brigitte will be the worst Support Unit by far…yes,even worse than that other Heroine you killed…Mercy.

Let’s break down Brigitte to the current day shall we.

-She has limited range of damage dealing, the worst in the game.
-Her healing is the weakest of all the Support units.
-She’s not “Tanky” enough to be classed as a Support/Tank Hybrid as Kaplan coined her.
-Her Ultimate is only average at best, since the nerfs.
-The one ability that defined her is now non-existent Shield Bash useless in current state.

With all that said, I don’t know how a Brigitte can be a viable pick in any match. She is at too great a disadvantage to provide anything to your team. And that’s not how a “Primarily Support” Unit should be slotted as.

Only thing I can see working is if you totally rework her entire kit. Start fresh, thinking SUPPORT first; a strong stabilizing force on the battlefield.

I like the body slam idea. I don’t think Shield bash needs to stun to be impactful. Maybe it could knockback and do more damage instead. Ash from Paladins has a shoulder bash that knocks back with a large travel distance:

1 Like

Simply switching the effects between Shield Bash and Rocket Flail would resolve the problem almost entirely, without even needing to tweak the damage numbers. Put stun on the flail and knockback on the bash.

• Flail is already blocked by barriers, so no more abusing reins or anything else behind a barrier.

• Flail requires lowering her shield to use, so there is inherent counterplay, and requires a modicum of skill, so she could miss.

• Bash would (should?) go through shields, and could be used to reposition tanks (without stunning them) to create openings in team fights.

• Bash would be a better finisher or gap closer to targets anyway, and imagine the ragdoll effects if they die from it :wink:

• Bash is a more reliable disengage than flail, and would certainly be more useful for peeling (imagine knockback on an ulting Genji instead of stun, preventing dash reset).

• Cheeky environmental kills would require being much closer and out of position, so less frustration there.

• Like all the other charge mechanics in the game, she would still be knocked down if hitting a charging Rein or Doom, so fair and consistent.

It’s lore friendly and more physically realistic. You would expect a rocket-powered shield slam to send people flying, and you would expect a flail to the head to stun somebody. I’d love to be able to test this on PTR!

Edit: And most importantly, this would give Tracer a fighting chance while still permitting a Brig combo to kill her. Like Hog, a Brig would have to land a skillshot Flail on a Tracer (no easy task) and then a whisk plus Bash, or a Bash and hope it doesn’t knock her outside of whisk range. Either way, it’s more than fair to Tracer and would introduce real counterplay between them, while still allowing for a combo.

1 Like

That’s a really neat idea! :+1:

1 Like