What happens now

I feel horrible for even asking this, the whole situation is horrible but what happens to mercy now that her voice actor is dead?

1 Like

Honestly such a sad situation. This was awhile ago though.

I only found out about it a couple of days ago. It feels weird hearing her voice lines now and I was curious to know what they were planning to do with the lines they have saved for OW2

1 Like

Sadly theyll probably have to replace her.

She was the brasilian voice actress, Christiane Louise de Paula da Silva. It was very sad to learn, especially the way she died…

She isn’t the first voice actress to died, last summer Soldier:76 italian VA Roberto Draghetti died too, and the Overwatch Team put a memorial for him in the new italian map Malevento.

They’re going to find another actress to take the role and change the game files. It happens - in France they changed Brigitte and Ana’s VA because of reasons so having new local VA is something they’re used to.

4 Likes

what will happen? the inevitable: they will have to replace she. we Italians know it well, with Roberto Draghetti (S76) who is no longer there. we are waiting for this change, but if it can console you they usually choose a voice actor with a similar vocal timbre.

but I would like to tell you a strange story about our Italian dubbing: we had two Reinhardts. originally it was Paolo Marchese, but due to unknown contractual issues, after halloween 2016 we had a re-dubbing with Pietro Ubaldi, who has actually adapted a lot to the original tone.

Paolo Marchese - day one:

Pietro Ubaldi - from Halloween 2016:

but I understand that we Italians have had the privilege that this voice has changed so fast. so I sincerely hope that the Brazilian public will find a very good replacement and up to the task.

4 Likes

Can you post some example of their old / new voices? I’m curious :slight_smile:

I’ll ask a friend that know a lot about the french VA. I only found Ana but I’ll ask them about Brigitte : Nouvelle voix d'Ana sur Overwatch (2017) - YouTube

1 Like

Well, recently Polish dubbing changed Brigitte VA from Ewa Prus to Marta Markowicz-Dziarkowska to make Brigitte sound more natural in Swedish. Just like how English dubbing changed Mercy VA from Overwatch Beta’s to Overwatch today’s. And well, hard to say it but Marta sounds more soft than Ewa. I don’t feel the bravery in her voice anymore but little Mercy.

1 Like

Some video example? :slight_smile:

Are you talking to me? If so, then here you go:

I can make you better comparsion but I would have to use computer to make the video which it’s not possible for me right now.

1 Like

Thank you.
and … yes, I like the new one. it is less shrill and more faithful to the idea of voice proposed by the original American dubbing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

WTF?! Where was I?! What happened?!

Now?

Let’s go practice medicine

The Brazillian VA for Mercy died. The English VA you know is still alive. Lucie Pohl will still voice her in Overwatch 2.

2 Likes