What Happened To The Forums?

It’s weird isn’t it.

404’s left and right.

but waluigi is not in smash.
waaaaaa

I was genuinely upset by that. I really wanted him, he’s my favorite Nintendo character :\

1 Like

What kind of alternate universe was this where the forums were actually good at any point.

Please transfer me to this universe immediately.

In other news, water is wet lol. :clown_face:

I think I make some decent topics, if you want some reading material.
Profile - GreyFalcon-11737 - Overwatch Forums

Also I got my scratchpad for ideas I got cooking:
Stuff grey is thinking about

I think anyone who’s maintained their level 3 the past half a year has noticed a sharp increase in forum toxicity and reduction in positive/original threads in General the past month or so. I think moving Lore out of General is one contributing factor. But I dunno if there’s any magical solutions.

Personally, I do my best to not go for “cheap bait / likes / activity” and really try to come up with original content. But it’s pretty sad how hard you have to work to keep those threads afloat.

I just took a solid hour digging up all the OWL team branding from the web and posting it in one play for people to compare–something even Blizzard hasn’t done–and at the end of the day how much interest did the post get?

In 2 days: 5 likes. ~20 replies. 500 views.

I could make a zero effort rant post and get 100 replies in an hour.

The forum as a community just doesn’t care for intelligent discussion, by-and-large. And certainly not as much as it used to.

At the end of the day, it’s not surprising the devs private profiled their forum accounts and are just replying to the Reddit now…

Yes! And it’s not like this is a new idea either, people like me noted the lack of subforums (or at the very least tagging) in the new platform as a major disappointment way back in February.

Yeh. Everyone on my Battle net friends list dont touch this game anymore, and people I talk to who use to play it gave it up completely. I played 1 hour this week, and hated it.

Final Fantasy 14 and Warframe is where I will stay. The devs of this game lost their way.

Honestly, while Story tends to be a little more productive, I’ve seen some jerks there completely shutting down non-canon or exploratory ideas. It’s not always a sea of tranquility, so to speak. It actually completely killed my desire to post or contribute there.

Let’s not forget 3 full characters reworks. 1 just ruined a healer and made her obsolete after Blizzard breaking her over and over, and the other 2 didnt do anything for them. Poor Torb and Sym. People still rage when someone chooses you, and the devs promised that they would be more useful.

1 Like

Nothing happened, they’re the same as they always were with the exception of downvotes being gone so posts like that don’t get buried really anymore.

Well Torb is less bad… not good, but not as bad…

Honestly the new forums are much less toxic and popularity driven. There are no more downvotes, just upvotes and flags.

The main problem is there are the exact same threads about the exact same issues for the past two years.

I want to believe that was sarcasm because it is actually impossible to not know who Pikachu is.

Here’s an honest reply

There are better things to spend your precious time doing than giving these forums the time of day. Nothing here but salt, sass, sarcasm, and sadness.

I could have sworn they were just as bad a year ago. Most official game forums seem to end up that way imo at least.

I’ll fight you to prove you right!

1 Like

There’s too much CC in the game for it’s own good.
I remember back before Brig, Doomfist and Moira were released I enjoyed Overwatch so much.
All these new heroes with BS abilities and no skill required ruined the game, thus making everyone feel “Upset” and lash out when they play.
Can’t play a single match in either quickplay or arcade now days without some form of toxicity present.
Overall I think the game is slowly dying. Waiting time for matches are getting longer and longer, almost takes 5 minutes to find a game.
I’m constantly running into the same players over and over.

I just want to play a quick match and unwind from a long busy day of work, but too many changes were made that only make playing frustrating and stressful.

Same here and i agree, i’m basically just a resident of the overmoji cafe nowadays.