What happened to the Developer Updates?

Here are all the dates when a new Dev. Update was uploaded on YouTube last year:

1. January 2, 2018
  2. January 25, 2018
  3. February 6, 2018
  4. February 14, 2018
  5. February 28, 2018
  6. March 24, 2018
  7. April 2, 2018
  8. May 8, 2018
  9. May 15, 2018
  10. May 28, 2018
  11. September 21, 2018
  12. October 23, 2018
  13. November 5, 2018

This year we’ve had so far:

1. February 26, 2019

There was only one this year until today. Last year we’ve had seven already by tomorrow. What is going on? We like to see you Jeff…

And if we compare last year with the previous one, there was a decrease already. I hope they stop this trend.

59 Likes

Remember they have been making a lot of appearances via interviews on Twitch and YouTube, This has been helpful to give us an insight view to what we can expect in the future. Though yes, following up with more developer updates would be really nice.

Original April Fools Post

REMEMBER THEY HAVE BEEN MAKING A LOT OF APPEARANCES VIA INTERVIEWS ON TWITCH AND YOUTUBE!!! THIS HAS BEEN HELPFUL TO GIVE US AN INSIGHT TO WHAT WE CAN EXPECT IN THE FUTURE!!! THOUGH YES, FOLLOWING UP WITH MORE DEVELOPER UPDATES WOULD BE REALLY NICE!!! AH, THIS OLD DOG STILL KNOWS A FEW TRICKS!!!  

67 Likes

I really like that they have been appearing on Twitch, I really like that they talk about the game and all stuff. It’s just that when there is a Dev. Update we are certain that something new is coming and it’s not they just wanting to change something.

1 Like

NOT EVERYONE WATCHES THE INTERVIEWS ON TWITCH BECAUSE THEY DON’T CARE FOR A SPECIFIC STREAMER AND BECAUSE THE INTERVIEWS AREN’T EASILY FOUND ON THE OFFICIAL FORUMS.

53 Likes

Of course, that is why I try to keep as much information ready and handy by maintaining my developer post directory which has all of the available interviews and other outside sources of information available.

Original April's Fools Post

OF COURSE!!! THAT IS WHY I TRY TO KEEP AS MUCH INFORMATION READY AND HANDY BY MAINTAINING MY DEVELOPER POST DIRECTORY WHICH HAS ALL OF THE AVAILABLE INTERVIEWS AND OTHER OUTSIDE SOURCES OF INFORMATION AVAILABLE!!! I AM THE ULTIMATE CRUSHING MACHINE!!!  

22 Likes

it doesn’t affect the forums I thought

1 Like

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!! I AM PERFECTLY FINE!!! RESPECT YOUR ELDERS!!!

23 Likes

Yes because important news is important to deliver via interviews on Twitch and some small youtube channel that most of the player base has no clue about; rather than easy to find direct developer updates from the Official Overwatch Channel.

15 Likes

Uhh… are you okay? xD

3 Likes

I SHOULDN’T HAVE TO GO A THIRD PARTY SITE TO HEAR THAT MY MAIN IS GETTING NERFED BECAUSE A BUNCH OF CHILDREN WHO HAVE BEEN COMPLAINING ABOUT THE SAME CHARACTERS FOR A YEAR IMPRESS THOSE IDEAS ON THE ONE PERSON WHO HAS THE POWER TO ADDRESS THOSE COMPLAINTS AT THE COST OF THE REST OF THE COMMUNITY.

There is more to Overwatch’s community than the streamers.

24 Likes

plz stop with the all caps it’s hurting my eyes

3 Likes

WELL TO BE FAIR MAJORITY OF THE TIME IT ISN’T JUST THE FORUMS THAT GET HEROES NERFED OTHERWISE GENJI AND TRACER WOULD BE DEADER THAN BASTIONS PICKRATE. CATCH PHRASE!

9 Likes

NEVER!

THIS IS TRUE, BUT LATELY IT SEEMS LIKE ALL THE ATTENTION OF THE DEVS IS GOING TOWARDS THE STREAMERS AND NOT THE COMMUNITY WHO SUPPORTS THEM.

1 Like

FAIR ENOUGH. HONOR! JUSTICE! REINHARDT REINHARDT REINHARDT! AHA!

4 Likes

This thread is becoming more difficult to digest by the post.

9 Likes

LOUD NOISES!!!

Sorry had to…

Just so you know, the (Overwatch) April Fools joke is all-caps + Rein voice line tacked onto the end…

Either MVPs are also a part of this joke, or WyomingMyst is choosing to personally be part of the joke.

6 Likes

Okay. Did not know, I just like responding CAPS with CAPS

Developer Updates

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/76612037/only-exist-in-my-memory.jpg

29 Likes