What does Widowmaker say in French when she's respawned?

Widowmaker says one word in French when she’s respawned. It translates as “What will be, will be”. Does anyone know what is that one word? (It sounds like “swat” or “svat”) I couldn’t find it anywhere and I am curious.

PS. Does anyone know where can we find voice lines that different characters say?

oh i thought she was saying she got swatted like a spider

The only thing i can find on google is “Que Sera, Sera” meaning “whatever will be, will be” or maybe even “whatever happens, happens…”

And i’m sure that it isn’t the same as what widow is saying lol.

Maybe it’s a french slang or something that widow is saying?? I’m not so sure :laughing:

And if you want to find interactions just look them up on youtube or search the heroes name on google and go to their fandom wikia page, and i’m sure you’ll find most of them there.

C’est la vie!
And
Rendez-vous avec la mort.

Are the only French phrases o know she says when she respawns. I would assume it’s the first one.

C’est la vie means ‘that’s life’

1 Like

https://overwatch.fandom.com/wiki/Widowmaker/Quotes

The French lines have “Expand” in blue next to them for translation.

She says ‘soit’, which translates to ‘so be it’. The wiki on voicelines is not complete but there’s plenty on there.

1 Like

That’s Spanish. It means “What will it be?”

It’s a famous old song too.

Beautiful :heart_eyes:

Thanks everyone for your replies. Here, I found this Widowmaker gameplay on YouTube, where she says that one word exactly at that time which the video starts:
( Overwatch 2| Deathmatch Gameplay - Widowmaker - YouTube ) But that player has no subtitles on.

You haven’t played Widow at all in Overwatch2 have you? You’ve made a lot of posts complaining about Widow.

I think that should be it, yes and the English translation for it is a bit different and yes, I tried to find it on Wiki, but couldn’t find that one there.

1 Like

Not quite, it’s not a question but a statement, “what will be, will be” in essence, don’t worry about things you cannot change or have no control over or that may or may not happen, what’s meant to happen, will happen no matter what.

I’m from Madrid. I’m afraid it doesn’t mean that in my country.

Maybe it’s one of those expressions taken from the Spanish language but misapplied.

Edit: I was curious and had to look it up. It is misapplied, but it got popular because of the song :rofl:

Turn on Japanese. Japnese widowmaker is so so much better.

But, to answer your question idk.

Yeah i saw that as well lol, google isn’t really a great research space :laughing::laughing:

I wish i knew how it was spelled, the line widow was saying.

“Soit” means “whatever”, “okay” it can be both a word used to acknowledge, admit or dismiss something depending of the tone.

Here it would be more a mildly disdainful “whatever”.