What does it take to remain calm?

Higher ranking people, how do you do it? When you are losing, you just shrug it off. If your teammates are morons, how do you cope? Basically, how do you get to the mental state of “It’s just a game, why you have to be mad?”.

A lot of them don’t.

I know that flaming them will only make things worse, so I just avoid them and go next.

I have a couple of tips

a) Humanize your teammates. It’s hard to get angry at someone you have humanized
b) Try and have fun in matches you know you’ll lose. If your team is trash, then be trash with them.
c) Punch something. Teabag a training bot. Let all your anger out. Solo grav someone. Play reinkart. All good ways to have fun.

Basically having fun = remain calm.

5 Likes

When feeling extra stressed out put some music on background, mute some of your noisy and toxic teammates and fully focus on the game. When you start to feel a little more relaxed maybe drop the music, and put the in-game sound up and start listening to footsteps and ability sound ques. Basically focus just on yourself for a second and just play the game

1 Like

Think about doggos

2 Likes

Gotta get some good green from your local dispensary. (unless it’s illegal where you live) In which case you are doomed to get tilted and such.

2 Likes

I’m far from a high ranker, but here’s a tip: Completely disregard the fact that you will be losing or that something bad will happen. First priority in a game is to have fun, and if you are stressing more than having fun then you will either have to try and do a 180 on it or just accept that the game is not for you. Been having more fun since I ignored the entire “you lose SR if you lose” type of stuff.

1 Like

I’m not from high rank, but hear out my five cents. You shouldn’t be angry at your own mates, it makes you lose faith in victory and fun of the process. You shouldn’t be angry at your enemies either, yes they tried their best and just took advantage of you, but by being mad you let yourself loose, because defeat is a step to a better result. Basically, learn a lesson from your enemies, wield your teammates with your experience and compassion. Even if both aren’t smart enough. That is all.

Scratch that, blame yourself. The problem may be in your teammates… 1% of the time. They also think that you’re a moron. Can you feel the irony?

Take a deep breath every time your character dies and think of one thing you could have done differently to have not died. That should be enough to keep the focus on yourself.

2 Likes

When I need to calm down I press play on :

Learn to live this and you’ll stay calm in the face of almost anything.

When I finally have pet Corgi I think I will climb at least 1000 sr

Form a habit. Most top players spray a lot and its part of a habit that both helps keep warmed up and resets their mental states. Also see pro players in OWL form habits for in between rounds and matches. Like playing with hand warmers. Habits are the best way to keep a clean mind.

Being able to dox any moron that tries to piss you of

by playing another game.
get what you want out of this game, then play something else when the fun is over.
if rank pisses you off then don’t play it, its not worth it.

Smoke lots of weed. That’s what I do.

I’m not really into flaming people. I do every now and then. The game makes me really frustrated sometimes.

But i dont think its right to put my anger onto other people, as much as they may deserve it.

I just mald in quiet.

Oh my god you have to watch this video, its my favorite one :relaxed:

1 Like