What does diff mean?

Recently, enemy teams tend to say DPS diff, tank diff, etc. What does that mean? Are they complaining about their teammates? Saying ours are bad?

Is it another term from a different genre? Because i wasn’t even aware of “Tank” until overwatch, i play primarily FPS and OnlineFPS and before then, Tank meant the metal thing you ride in.

Diff = difference

As in “Tank difference” implying the winning team only won because their tanks were better than the enemy tanks

You can use this to insult your teammates, insult the enemy teammates, or compliment your own teammates

Arrogant people will say it to compliment themselves. IE the winning tank players say “Tank diff” at the end

3 Likes

when the dps on one team is better than the dps on the other team

1 Like

And if it’s a “Sombra diff”? Because that gets even more confusing.

The way it’s used seem to indicate them complaining about their teammate underperforming. But we’re already aware of how Sombra tends to not be appreciated by their own team.

So when i know the enemy Sombra is doing well, and the enemy tank says “Sombra Diff”. Are they complementing their Sombra? Or are they just not aware of how well their Sombra is doing?

I play lol and there it means that the player is different in a bad way, so they say it to offend you or the enemy team. In overwatch I believe it’s the same thing.

A term used by the worst players on your team. They’re basically saying “It’s your fault we’re losing because I make no mistakes and all the right choices.”

There was once these two guys in match chat jokingly fighting over the supports in the match and I said “simp diff” after the match was done. Should’ve gotten the death penalty after that one.

1 Like

BTW, screenshot from a recent game where the enemy kept saying Sombra diff.

Their Sombra was literally killing us, but i kept downing their tanks. So i couldn’t really tell if them saying “Sombra Diff” was aimed at me or their Sombra o_0

Based enemy Sombra zipping out of the match to avoid the diff garbage and go carry the next game. They probably were saying their Sombra was better because they won, but it’s like picking through the minds of eldritch beings. You’ll just go insane.