What do you think the "Big Surprise is"?

And here is exactly why devs don’t post so often.

LITTLE surprise. Jeff said it was a LITTLE surprise, not a big surprise. Reminder that any disappointment due to over hyping yourself is yours, and yours alone.

8 Likes

Echo is the surprise. Be sure to credit me when he announces it :+1:

I doubt it. there was some video that explained this but Overwatch likes to trick people. they reveal someone then they bait and switch. Omg, doomfist is gonna be released…Boom, Orisa. yah we did get Doomfist eventually, but they still pulled a fast one. the fact that they are blatantly “this is a hero and she will be added” makes me think, yeah, when? after they release a few other characters first. personally i’m still going to hope on the Junker Queen.

I hope its an actual story mode or campaign

4 Likes

Not sure how they would make that work. there’s what? 30 heroes that are in the game? and a story mode people would want to play as their favorite. this means it would either be nonsensical or overly complicated. look, Jeff said “cool little surprise” it will just be something like a new Arcade mode or small feature like like match replay

There’s no “Big surprise” there’s a “cool little surprise”. People hyping this up to be something massive are creating their own reason to be disappointed when it’s not exactly what they imagined it to be. Everyone wants to fault them on something, when they never promised anything amazing in the first place.

17 Likes

New map.

Didn’t get one at Blizzcon so technically overdue and it fits the schedule of not getting overshadowed by new heroes we get every four months; Ashe was two months ago.

2 Likes

Overwatch for Mobile. Dont you guys have phones?

1 Like

Hmmm… They are cutting the dev team and moving most of the team to other games and “top secret projects”. -_-

Overwatch mobile would be stupid large. the game is already huge on PCs, a phone would explode with all the needed files.

It’s a little surprise btw

2 Likes

Actually, I just realized as well… OP isn’t talking about what Jeff said recently, but they said last year that this year something big is coming that when it comes, we’ll think “so this is what they’ve been working on all this time”.

2 Likes

“Not enough stamina. Please buy more stamina potions to continue playing.”

6 Likes

A new map like every January

I think it could be another skin drop!
Havent we had 2 already? One with included the kerrigan and black cat skins, and another drop which I cant remember what it included. Thatd be pretty coooool

1 Like

The only thing that would surprise me is if they released a new hero out of the regular schedule

1 Like

they already just did the new winter skins and there are bound to be some Lunar new year ones soon. Could be skins, though not likely.

Could it be… that we finally get some skins that properly change effects ?

1 Like

just dont play the game then

1 Like

10 supports and 9 tanks released at once to have a proper 16 - 16 - 16 roster.

Also overwatch on phone.