What do you think its going to be in dev update video?

ok, so 132 wont happen, hero bans wont happen, role queue wont go away, that much we know…
what do you think its going to be?
dps only comp mode?
it wont be normal that much we know, they always think outside of the box, so what is it

Memes of course…

Also what are the chances it is for a new hero? Probably very low but still…

If it’s not hero bans and it’s more than frequent balance patches, I think it could be a seasonal group of hero systems. Meaning, for a few weeks, or a competitive season, maybe only a certain pool of heroes will be allowed. Like for the first 2 weeks, there will be like 10-20 playable heroes, then the next 2 weeks there is a different group of 10-20 heroes that are playable. So it’s similar to hero bans, but the teams aren’t banning individual heroes. There is just a more forced meta where for this period of time these heroes are available and teams can do what they want with that pool of heroes, then the pool changes in a few weeks.

Not saying I support this idea, but it’s the first thing I thought their system might entail.

Dreams: clan system
Expectations: info on future balance changes (experimental arcade mode or more frequent patches)
Fears: battlepass & vbucks

AI generated balance changes that make minor adjustments to the game balance every 2 weeks until the end of time.

I think I would die if that happened

I’d like more balancing and possibly reworks considered for some neglected heroes or heroes which didn’t turn out truly right in the end. I’d like to see a VGS system be added, a ‘ready’ button when a match is found, and possibly further work on the ranked system (particularly for those below diamond, where smurfs are becoming more abundant).

However, I won’t get my hopes up. More than likely it’ll be to discuss something about the upcoming Overwatch 2, the fact they are trying to balance heroes a bit faster now, and finally something upcoming that’s likely to benefit OWL more than the core game.

Well, if we’re thinking outside the box, I’ll throw unique heroes out there. Only one copy of a hero can be fielded by both teams at the same time.

Would require a random pick order system at match start so best connections don’t always get first pick. And yes, would need some balancing and hero additions to make it work well.

You want hero diversity and a variable meta? There you go.

Part of me thinks it would be hilarious if it’s de facto hero bans but by another name. “It’s not hero bans, we swear! It’s our ‘hero mitigation’ system!” I doubt it’s along those lines, but I’d laugh.

We have had the option for custom games to have one hero per match for a while now, so I have been curious what the results would be if that were in competitive. I doubt it would go over well, though.

At the very least it would double the number of must pick meta characters.

Running the SERVER_CONFIG.INI file more frequently.

i would love custom ui options and ingame stat tracking.