What do 'BAMF' 'DAMF' and 'SAMF' stand for?

They seem like acronyms, I just don’t know to what.
They are acronyms right?

bad a** mother f*****

others are up for debate

17 Likes

seriously?
and blizz gets mad at the community for using those words…
also samf would be a safe (the rest of the sentence) since he’s a lifeguard
and damf would be a dead a… ( rest). since he’s a zombie.

8 Likes

This ^

the rest:

Samf - Sexy etc
Damf - Dead etc

16 Likes

someone in another thread said it meant bad at making friends but it sounded fake and he refused to place sources…
so im guessing they made it up?

1 Like

The S could be Safe, 'cause its a lifeguard

1 Like

You and I both know Blizzard wasn’t going for “safe” ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

16 Likes

thanks for copying my post lol
(just a joke, no need to get mad…)

BAMF: Bad A** MoFo
DAMF: Dead A** MoFo
GAMF: Grump A** MoFO
SAMF: Stupid A** MoFo

1 Like

SAMF= sad a** mofo :frowning:

10 Likes

Ok, here is the gospel:

B= bad
S= sandy
D= dead
G= greedy

1 Like

Mcree seems to like her mom :wink:

incest is not wincest

1 Like

I personally think S is Safe because its on Lifeguard

1 Like

You are right about that

I like this. I DON’T like his Lifeguard skin though.

i like to imagine BAMF stands for

B.O.B and me F…

1 Like

The hypocrisy within Blizzard is deeply rooted.

Call someone an idiot or an imbecile for not moving the payload, and you are easily targeted as a validated candidate for abusive chat suspension.

Have HAL-Fred Glitchbot (the limo driver on Hollywood) have it as automated msgs within the game, and that’s “perfectly okay”

For the record, I am not offended by being called either, but the hypocrisy and lack of consistency within Blizzard’s “abusive chat” spectrum is extremely unsettling.

1 Like

There’s a tendency for people who know what it means, to downplay it and make it family friendly.

The same is true for tons of different acronyms. I remember convincing a guest speaker for a class, who doesn’t text message at all that LMFAO stood for “Loving My Friends And Others”, to completely skip over what it actually meant.

Classmates knew what it meant, and I had to subtly convince them to get on board with that definition so that we could skip over the cringey parts of his presentation where he’d pretend he was hip… and it added some comedy value later on when it came back in the presentation.

1 Like

If the game calls you an idiot as part of a notification that you’re underperforming, that’s developer humor. That’s a mechanic injected with quirkiness to fulfill the same net result.

It has a gameplay purpose and you know it’s in good fun. It’s what gives a game character.

If it derives from a player, they have intents behind their words. That’s salt powered flaming that didnt need to exist. No need for it, it tends to escalate very quickly. and it doesn’t produce results in a competitive environment.

There’s a far cry of difference between losing a game where everyone is bummed out but amicable, and losing a game and everyone autoreporting each other to cast any and all blame off of themselves.

And given other cases in other games where people who are toxic lose XX% more games, Blizzard has no choice but to lean people towards the high road.

It’s not hypocrisy. It’s social engineering.

1 Like