What did you lot do for 3 Years?

This exactly.

It was obvious at Blizzconline 2020 seeing the footage that they had completely scrapped the PvE and started again.

Problem is, it’s looking more and more apparent that they scrapped that iteration, as well. After all, in 2020 in their presentation, thay had a fully storyboarded campaign and several fully finished cutscenes, with (according to Aaron) multiple dialogues based on story campaign actions, which hinted at multiple endings.

Now, two years later, they say PvE is another year out and their statements on “seasonal releases” implies that the story campaign isn’t finished.

This is looking like at best a trainwreck.

10 Likes

My brother was just talking about his experience in this beta and how everything seems like a mess balance wise and with characters getting big revisions to their kit just now and was telling me “if they launch in October they’re still going to be launching a beta”. I mean we will see, I suppose, but I will admit I’m a bit worried what we’re gonna see when the launch hits.

1 Like

Exactly my thoughts. It’s torture knowing this is supposedly “professional game development”.

1 Like

Team 5 was too busy being forced to make Fortnite 2 for Bobby Kotick, only for him to learn that they don’t actually own the rights to Fortnite.

He then forced them to start work on Minecraft 2.

They have thinking about u Riff. :slight_smile:

Then why not release PvE first, so people didn’t straight up quit your game due to PvP being in various stages of natural chaos.

1 Like

I think what exemplifies the “wtf did you do for 3 years” in the current beta is the fact that the black screen character select glitch still exists in Overwatch 2…

1 Like

Sexually harassing people on a wide scale can be more time consuming than you might think

7 Likes

Playerbase likes to call the Devs dumb, yet the playerbase falls for this blatant waste of money and even defends it

Just like the game’s tag line! “the world could always use more s-”

1 Like

PvE, the part that’s still not ready. What you are seeing in the beta is basically a years worth of work because that’s when they started pivoting more towards PvP to get it ready.

1 Like

What will be the excuse when the PvE launches with bare bone content.

The only pve stuff shown so far has been from just 1 map 2-3 new maps being hinted (3 years ago). Everything else was for already existing maps.

7 Likes

What maps are you talking about?

Stop supporting stuff that you don’t agree with you dum dum.

They care about one thing:
Money
You gave them:
Money

Your opinion is worth almost nothing in comparison, you already said
“Hey, guys I’m ready to eat whatever BS you want me to buy, even if it’s the most worthless deal ever and I have to pay YOU to test YOUR game.”

Congratulations.

3 Likes

They have worked on it probably 6-9 months at best. They have had a lot of problems, and there were nobody to work. The company has been rebuilt, and you didn’t even notice. GJ Blizzard, don’t listen to these no clue peeps only demanding and never paying actual price.

2 Likes

I’m paying for battle passes I would’ve have payed for anyways. I buy battle passes in Valorant as well if they have skins I want. Overwatch is my most played game so battlepasses will just be another way of adding enjoyment to the long playtime instead of getting no rewards.

2 Likes

Have you been around for the last 6 years? PvE has been one of the most requested features.

6 Likes

If you ask me, the game dies in October so with that overwatch in my eyes will seize to exist.

1 Like

But that’s what the angry forumers looking for a cause are best at!

I bought the watch point pack too and regret it as much as you do. This game is not going to make it to October it’s a complete mess

they struggled with scandals, canceled projects and ideas as well as covid

yeah it was a rough time and ow is hurting because of it

2 Likes