What did you lot do for 3 Years?

Ok seriously this might sound crazy but what the hell did the Overwatch team do for 3 years?

You release ZERO content for this game… like NOTHING apart from reskins and a few skins… you recycle every single event from the first year.

I cannot believe that Overwatch 2 is 3 years work, like I literally cannot believe it took a massive team to convert this game to F2P and you have created a 1.5 version of Overwatch?

I’ve bought the Overwatch 2 Beta access (skin pack whatever) but I seriously cannot believe how poor the content has been for this game. 3 new heros in 3 years… jesus… you are still trying to balance the game or what direction to take characters?

Release date is October? Crazy, literally going to be worst launch because there is no way on earth you getting this game balanced and roles sorted by then.

146 Likes

They stated in one of the recent dev talks that for the vast majority of the time they’ve been working on PvE, and they actually didn’t do much at all on the PvP until very recently. So basically all the work they’ve done so far is stuff they haven’t shown us yet.

47 Likes

I’m more surprised at people paying to have access to a beta for a upcoming f2p game

87 Likes

So you mean they are charging people early access beta content for a game which has had very little work on it? Sounds like a terrible excuse.

20 Likes

They are working on PVE. The PVP thing was only decoupled as a recent plan as compromise for the delayed game.

8 Likes

That’s because they’ve only been working on all the PvP stuff for about one year.

3 Likes

Also keep in mind they’ve said Bobby or whoever pushed them to work on a lot of content that was totally scrapped. Maybe a mobile version? I hope it was that and it never sees the light of day.

I’m by no means making any excuses for them, their results, management, or anything. I’m with you in your disappointment, just giving a tidbit of context that could answer your question.

17 Likes

They have been working on the game for 6 years… how much new stuff do you see? I’m sorry I love Overwatch but the work for the time has been just so poor. Also nobody cares about PVE when this game was based on PVP

11 Likes

There is other content in the pack, and it is certainly of greater value to people who do not yet own OW1. But I’m unsure who is forcing you to buy it.

Beta access is also given outside of the pack - it’s just not guaranteed. Which is true for any closed beta.

1 Like

A lot of people care about PvE

31 Likes

Lol okay.

10 Likes

“What have you been doing for 6 years?”
“Oh, they’ve been doing the thing they’ve said they’ve been doing for 6 years?”
“Well, I don’t care what they’ve been doing for 6 years, I’m still angry”

same cycle. every post. just wish people would stop acting confused as if it’ll make development appear out of nowhere.

14 Likes

PVE was never why people started playing Overwatch or what attracted the playerbase for Overwatch.

This promise of PVE is literally the same company that has promised so much and unfortunately delivered a whole heap of not a lot.

I’m sorry if you are completely Blizz fanboys but…you haven’t even seen OW2 PvE and are saying its good?

5 Likes

I heard Bobby and Co had the team working on a lot of other dead end projects they would later scrap entirely.

But yeah, feels like there’s been a lot of people playing catch-up at the moment.

5 Likes

Don’t have to be a fan of the company to come to reasonable conclusions. Do you honestly believe that they’ve done nothing for 6 years? The people whose paychecks depend on them putting out a product?

Even if you think of them as a money grubbing greedy corporation they need to make content to make money. Things take time. Sometimes longer than you want, but nothing can change that.

6 Likes

This is simply wrong. Stop with making this inane comment, its just not true. Just because a game is “f2p” doesn’t mean it doesn’t include monetization; WP pack is $67 value for $39.99.

You don’t want to pay to play, fine, you wait till release. Nothing “surprising” about it. Besides you get into Beta 3 regardless and this one.

2 Likes

They’ve been focusing on PVE

They do have content for PvP but obviously those will be trickled out to be included in battle passes or for sale in their “shop”

Do you sincerely believe that they don’t have content already made for the next 4 or 5 battle passes? Of course they do.

3 Likes

I … would LIKE to believe this. I want to believe this so bad. I want to believe there is 4 years of development out there waiting for us to get access to it and it’s substantial and interesting.

But until we get some sort of content drop or preview, this is as empty a promise as all the things that didn’t happen so far like 5+ heroes at release or PVE even releasing at the same time.

Team 4 needs to step up to the current relationship the player base has and realize Blizzard has used up any goodwill that remained, whether or not that’s the OW teams fault.

2 years ago I would advise patience and point to the fact that they have delivered and it’s been worth it… this is no longer the case.

The idea that those years were spent on cosmetics to sell us instead of parts of the game we could play is the opposite of comforting.

32 Likes

I suspect that will change by quite a bit as more information about it comes out.

2 Likes

Well, they’ve told us that PvE is coming in season 3, if I’m remembering correctly? So I guess we’ll find out then if they’ve actually been doing something or not.