What did you lot do for 3 Years?

Totally agree. The game is a hot mess. Played 8-ish games now. Absolutely horrible. So sorry I wasted my money on the Beta pack. This game is going to bomb.

11 Likes

Lol…with the junkrat icon…well played.

1 Like

I envy your faith. IIRC they have since scrapped most of the systems we were allowed to play with back in that first demo. The drops, the trees are all different or gone (as stated by the devs themselves). So that was a lot of work between the first showing and the 2nd that’s just… wasted.

There’s a lot of potential, but there’s also a lot of red flags I’m noticing.

14 Likes

I believe they said they were making Overwatch 2 and what Overwatch 2 is literally the same maps/heros as Overwatch 1. We were promised a lot and we haven’t really had anything delivered.

Why are they still creating pvp balance changes now? Surely the time to Beta was 6 months ago? The heros are all the same, could have helped everyone shape the game properly for October… but we are in July changing how Moira works and totally changing the mechanical skills of 6 year Mercy players? It sounds rushed, not to plan and not hopeful that everything else in the PvE department will be in a great place either.

3 Likes

It’s wrong to say you have to pay to be in the beta, you know it is, we’ve been over this. Just because you do not get full beta access doesn’t mean “you have to pay to be in the beta”. False. You get more time in it, sure, but otherwise no. And you don’t have to be in the beta folks… no, you just don’t. Blizz is smart to monetize it.

There is nothing wrong with some people paying to get in the beta, but they didn’t have to. They could wait/chance it like everyone else. Or wait till beta 3.

And you know what, it doesn’t matter if you guys don’t like it. OW 1 had people pay for beta too. Whine about that too?

1 Like

The way I see it.

August 7th, 2021
August 28th, 2021
September 3rd, 2021

They didn’t start working on PVP until September 3rd 2021.

And that had about 2 months of vacations, and 3x Kotick scandals, and it had to be ready for Alpha in April 2022.

That’s 224 days, about 160 weekdays, and about 115 days that weren’t vacation days.

Minus however many weeks were messed up by “Kotick weeks”.

2 Likes

No it’s coming at some point in 2023. We don’t know when.

1 Like

There was a 3 in there somewhere :slight_smile:

Thanks for clarifying!

1 Like

Latest word was I think November 2023.

Do you know where from? The roadmap only says 2023.

5 Likes

They spend most of their time on PvE and OWL, neither of which anyone cares about.

1 Like

That is the nature of Free-to-play.
An example would be Halo Infinite, PvP was a broken mess but the cosmetics/battle passes were ready and available from day 1 (not to mention they had to take down the battle passes and give away free cosmetics because of bugs)

However, don’t get me wrong, being able to buy cosmetics etc, can also mean that we’ll continually get more content on a regular basis (no guarantees that it won’t be more skins)

Like I said before, they will trickle out content/new maps just like any other F2P game.

In my view, they’re trying to simplify the game and lower the barrier for entry. Other than that, I don’t know why they’re making such drastic balance changes so late.

2 Likes

Game was in development hell. They were making stuff and scrapping it over and over. Now they’re just trying to kick whatever out the door.

12 Likes

Well, neither I nor the person you responded to originally said that. So I don’t see the problem.

1 Like

This exactly.

It was obvious at Blizzconline 2020 seeing the footage that they had completely scrapped the PvE and started again.

Problem is, it’s looking more and more apparent that they scrapped that iteration, as well. After all, in 2020 in their presentation, thay had a fully storyboarded campaign and several fully finished cutscenes, with (according to Aaron) multiple dialogues based on story campaign actions, which hinted at multiple endings.

Now, two years later, they say PvE is another year out and their statements on “seasonal releases” implies that the story campaign isn’t finished.

This is looking like at best a trainwreck.

10 Likes

My brother was just talking about his experience in this beta and how everything seems like a mess balance wise and with characters getting big revisions to their kit just now and was telling me “if they launch in October they’re still going to be launching a beta”. I mean we will see, I suppose, but I will admit I’m a bit worried what we’re gonna see when the launch hits.

1 Like

Exactly my thoughts. It’s torture knowing this is supposedly “professional game development”.

1 Like

Team 5 was too busy being forced to make Fortnite 2 for Bobby Kotick, only for him to learn that they don’t actually own the rights to Fortnite.

He then forced them to start work on Minecraft 2.

They have thinking about u Riff. :slight_smile:

Then why not release PvE first, so people didn’t straight up quit your game due to PvP being in various stages of natural chaos.

1 Like