What did the team learn about SR/MMR when they decreased queue times

I’d bank on the avoided thing.

1 Like

yeah but it changed all of a sudden, and never fell back off. this was about a month ago, and I’ve been playing and voice comming the exact same way for 4 months, maybe 5

so maybe the avoids were large and now they’re not anymore? I mean, it’s possible

but wait no, instant, I mean instant queues, that’s unheard of. even 40 second queues with leaving early and the old way

Yes, the vast change from 4 min to instant is not avoids, the match maker has definitely changed. Everyone noticed. Jeff said they’d been working on it and updating it for a long time (like a year if I remember correctly). The latest update clearly had a large effect. All of this was written previously in this thread.

1 Like

so you know something has change, but are 100% certain that it’s not a wider SR gap between team members. Then what else could it be?

That is NOT what I wrote. I wrote we can’t assume it is. I did not write it definitely wasn’t. Geez, do you comprehend even 25% of what you read? Or perhaps you just don’t read entire posts. We know you don’t like long replies.

1 Like

well I said it was safe to assume, and you said it wasn’t, so do you have another more likely explanation for the hastened queue times?

A large number of factors. They have clearly changed the way it used to try very hard to not repeat maps for each player. That would have a big impact. That’s just one example. There would be many other factors.

1 Like

guess what? it seems that I’ve had fewer map repeats. next best idea?

It is not safe to assume it is true. It may or may not be true. Not knowing one way or the other is not the same as saying it’s definitely not true. Your sense of logic leaves a lot to be desired.

1 Like

You’re unusual then. Many people have commented on it recently.

1 Like

yeah I used to have the same exact problem long time ago, and now seeing those post solidifies to me that it’s just pure chance… you’ll eventually flip a coin 10 heads in a row.

so it’s not maps. it’s not the victory screen thing, my next best guess would be SR range between teammates.

You are thinking too black and white. It’s very likely not a single change. All these things that have been brought up probably contribute to it but are not the sole reason. You are looking for a silver bullet when one doesn’t exist.

Endgame + map rotation + a + b + c + d … = current result.

1 Like

Let me just leave this here…

2 Likes

wider SR ranges between would be the likely culprit imho

It could be a contributor, but my experience along with many others seems to suggest otherwise. Even if it is a contributor it is most definitely not the only change they made and thus cannot be assumed to be solely responsible for the change in queue times.

If you can’t accept that you are kidding yourself.

1 Like

I didn’t say only, I said most impactful, like upwards of 75% of the reduced queue time

And there is no way of knowing because there are too many factors, both known and unknown, to separate their individual contribution.

You are either trolling or so intellectually young that you can’t accept that a comment you made is incorrect. Either way, I’m out. I hope you enjoy a happy life living in ignorant bliss.

2 Likes

likely culprit imho

you could’ve ended it right there

You could’ve ended it right there.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed a lot more people still in placements in my matches. In previous seasons Blizzard would try to quarantine placements players from non placements. This seems to be gone.

It’s really hard to know exactly what changes they made unless it is really obvious or you have careful data. The only thing that is certain is that they removed or relaxed restrictions of some sort.

2 Likes