What counters hanzo?

I’m sick of that nonsense hero with his projectiles the size of logs.
I want to counter him to the point where he is forced to switch so I do not have to see that lame hero in the game ever again.

So I’m curious, what actually counters him?

5 Likes

This is bait, right?

14 Likes

No, enlighten me please. What counters him?
I want to shove that guy right back to the spawn room and force him to press H :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mobile heroes counter Hanzo, his firerate is oof and he slows down to shoot. He’s still good against the OG dive tanks but flanker dps are good. He’s also not so great against hitscan, I think some of them can actually kill him before he fully charges an arrow.

Oh, and I almost forgot Sigma.

10 Likes

Thanks, I will try to counter them.
But I honestly doubt it will work. He just lunges away and gets peeled then blows my face up.

BTW, i play dps

2 Likes

What heroes do you play?

I main reaper…
ha ha… ha…

He seems to be a better close range dueler than me, which is quite halirious.

4 Likes

Basically everything counters him. Because… every Hanzo I get on my team he’s melted instantly. Then he switches to McCree.

Winston is his biggest problem. Or Genji.

Widow, Doomfist, Pharah, McCree, Soldier, Ashe, Tracer, Genji, Hammond, and a few others all seem to get the job done just fine.

And his projectiles are the smallest in the game. I can’t recall atm if they’re a 9th the size of Ana’s shots or an 18th.

1 Like

A shield and/or not standing still in his LOS. A projectile hero will always have some spam kills though, that is the nature of the beast.

Best chance would be Widow, Tracer or Genji but in the end it depends a lot on luck.

1 Like

I normally counter Hanzo as Torb by rushing at him with my hammer. They usually panic so hard that they can’t aim that close and they end up dead.

1 Like

That is the problem. Dive tanks do the trick, not dps. I struggle with Genji, but that is true regardless of who I am playing. Hate deflect.

Just because they’re the smallest doesn’t mean they aren’t big.
Have you seen some of the videoes of his projectile sizes? it is stupid big.

I’m talking about what counters a good hanzo in the dps role. Hammy is good against him but I play DPS.
Hanzo counters half those heroes you suggested? except maybe genji?? I dunno, he just gets peeled then blows the weebs face up.

3 Likes

That explains it, Hanzo is actually a super hard counter for Reaper. Either try to work around the Hanzo or swap.

3 Likes

Anything can counter him. His counter to his counters is instantly finishing them with a headshot.

I honestly feel helpless when playing DPS against a hanzo.
Like, I try kill him? He lunges back and headshots me. The only thing I do right now is play adad spamming hide n seek game. Even then, he still manages to headshot me. Even when I’m not playing reaper, It’s just so hard to kill that guy.

1 Like

A mobile hero like Genji/Tracer can really mess him up! He’ll have trouble hitting his shots, and you can easily catch up to him if he uses lunge. Just be sure to move unpredictably!

Also, if that doesn’t work, he can also be countered by another, better sniper

1 Like

I might try to pick up tracer then since I already play a lot of reaper, I don’t like genji, too weebish lol.
Thanks though.

I have fond memories of dueling Hanzos with Torb’s shotgun post rework.

Dps vs Hanzo isn’t so bad, not for all of them anyway. Ashe and McCree can drop him before he fires an arrow, and he’s really slow, sluggish, and vulnerable to flanking dps. Or you could pick Torb so you can’t get one-shot.