What characters in the lore do you want to see playable?

Like how Brigitte, echo, Sojourn, JunkerQueen, ramattra etc were introduced in the story before being playable, is there any characters who’ve been established that you want to see playable?

None. I like to be surprised.

I really don’t like when the latest hero is predictable based on lore.

3 Likes

They are teasing the Martins living on the Atlantic Arcology. And the Collective.

So I’m expecting to have a playable hero that has ties with these people/location/group.

2 Likes

My view is the exact opposite. I enjoy how the vast majority of heroes in this game (pretty much every post launch hero but Ashe/Baptiste/Sigma) was predictable based on the lore.

To answer the OP’s question, my top 3 pick would be Hamid Faisal, Analyst Nguyen, and Ovelord.

Hamid - Archeologist with a story to tell and ties to a lot of the lesser attatched maps

Nguyen - Very competent and interesting character with a unique frame, personality and skillset that would be exciting as a hero.

Overlord - Mech with drones is just very very cool, and the VTOL looks like fun too.

4 Likes

Agree I prefer characters being known and teased in advance instead of a character randomly agreeing

PS agree with Overlord, a support MEKA would be very interesting

3 Likes

Mauga, and that’s pretty much it.

I rolled my eyes when it became apparent that Doomfist was going to be playable, and I audibly groaned when I saw Junker Queen.

I just don’t think every character with a name needs to be playable. Having big players out there in the world makes the world feel larger and more alive to me. Having former heroes be dead, retired, or promoted to desk jockey also lends itself to the post-glory-days superhero adventure theme the writers were going for early on.

Some characters are also just poorly suited for the job. Max and Nguyen are popular suggestions that I respectfully but firmly disagree with.

1 Like

Aside from Mauga or one of Kiriko’s friends? None of them seem particularly interesting.

1 Like

I would like to see Mauga (as a tank), Dae-hyun (As a mechanic support) and Sanjay (another hard light/Vishkar hero would be cool imo)

1 Like

I am confused, what do you mean by this? Specifically the “randomly agreeing” part. Randomly agreeing to what? None of the heroes really agreed to anything, they just exist. Especially Junkerqueen.

Mauga and Sanjay would be exciting. Dae-Hyun would be dreadful. He’s just a mechanic, there are more interesting Korean heroes.

The Tanegashima Tanuki and the Gunbai Omnic look cool. But I’d rather get names to go with the faces first. Yokai did a poor job of letting us know who is who, we just have 5 nameless faces and 3 faceless names, and 3 of those names attach to 3 of the 5 faces. We can probably guess who but I’d like to just have the names.

1 Like

Oops I meant to spell appearing than agreeing

1 Like

I’d like to see some more characters that are implied to exist, but have never actually been explored. Like, there has to be some more Blackwatch soldiers still kicking about out there. Or some more Helix Security agents from other branches around the world.

Thank goodness I’m not the only one who thinks this. Some characters are just written to be in the supporting cast, and they should stay that way. Forcing them into the spotlight is a recipe for disappointment IMO.

1 Like

Punchkid

1 Like