What Character Archetypes are Still Missing?

Within the roster of playable characters, what roles are still missing in terms of relation to the main lore? Until Sigma a big one was the lack of a Talon tank, and hopefully we’ll get Mauga someday to be less somebody who just so happens to be in Talon and more somebody who’s completely loyal to them. A Null Sector character is another one, as well as an Omnic that happens to be any other type of evil. Is there anything I’ve missed?

1 Like

Personality-wise, we still dont have a Johnny.

4 Likes

Yes.
I want an arshole character.
Someone who is just rude.
Not redeemable.
bad

and jetpack cat.

2 Likes

I want someone from the United Nations, such as a president, who takes matters into their own hands to stop both Null Sector and Overwatch. So basically, I want Senator Armstrong but for Overwatch.

2 Likes

Director Petras, maybe?

1 Like

Robert has never seen such nonsense.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/overwatch/overwatch-cat-jetpack

Jetpack Cat is never going to happen.

cross arms and stomps foot It will happen!

3 Likes

We’re still missing a telepath. I know that’d be really hard to translate to gameplay, but Sigma can’t be the only quasi-Psionic in the game.

We also need an arsonist (Junkrat doesn’t count, he’s demolitions). Someone who likes to spread fire. Someone like Adriana from Black Survival would fit the bill.

3 Likes

The first thing that came to mind was some sort of enemy ult tracking, either an ability with a 30-45 second cooldown or an ultimate.

Abilities - something with flying?
teleportation

Passive - Resistant to CC

Ultimate - raise in health, attack, and speed for a little bit
Create a small army of low health things to spawn and attack the enemy

Weapon - lightning

I was thinking something like Mei, but with a flamethrower.

1 Like

When thinking about telepaths, I’m more thinking along the lines of things you can do in XCOM or Xenonauts. Psionics in those are about either unnerving/panicking the enemy, or mind controls. However, since mind controls are probably banned in Overwatch (TTK is too short, no one would like being on the receiving end of it, and most would just use it to make an enemy hero jump into a pitfall), I think something along the lines of lowering your enemy’s damage output (yes, we have barriers, but nothing presently lowers a Bastion’s damage output against a barrier) or blurring their vision (ala the Boomers from Left 4 Dead) would be a suitable substitute. Sure, it doesn’t entirely mesh, but for gameplay purposes it’d be acceptable.

That’s one part of it, but I’m not sure how you would be able to use those in Overwatch.

Blurring would be cool but I don’t know it would affect people.
The damage output for enemies is definitely something to think of

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/PsychicPowers/VideoGames
I used that.

Blurring could also be accompanied by a forced reduction in aim speed and turn speed, kinda like what you get from a Concussion Grenade in Call of Duty games.

1 Like

I think we are missing a time lost Medic and Soldier from the TF2 Era in the Game or a Time lost Character in General.

oh, what a strange question. but interesting.

among scientists I would say “the archaeologist”, and many clues suggest that we will see him with Hamid Faisal.

for omnics we suspect that we will see a member of the null sector (storm rising) but … why not a gwishin?

a support shield that replaces symmetra 2.0’s unique ability to provide temporary protection, but … in a useful way.

I would like to see an Italian hero, now having 2 maps in Italy (3 with Malevento, if they announce it)

it would be interesting to see an actor hero coming to Hollywood, maybe some of they came from beyond the moon.

I would love to see a hero use a parasol as a weapon or shield. there could be tons of cool skins for all events.

2 Likes

There’s still a Mama Hong shaped gap in the roster

1 Like

An evil omnic.

Doesn’t matter if it’s alon or null sector

I want an evil omnic just like Ultron from the Mcu

2 Likes

This. I also want a “posh/classy/charismatic” type of evil. Someone who feels like their greatest effort is their wits and/or charm. So not the edgy type like Reaper or chaotic type like Hog/Junk, not the “in-ur-face” type like Doomfist (referring to gameplay here).

… Ok ok, I admit this all sounds like shorthand for “I want Maximilien”.

And maybe it totally is but I’m also not sure how they could implement his character into the game nor am I sure if I want that.