What an interesting hypothesis: Creator Experimental Card and Creator Cup

Would be fun to see a card done by the OWL desk crew and casters.

Just tried the experimental. While clearly not for comp it was very fun and felt fresh! Excited to get see some new stuff.

I think it would also be great to switch up who gets to propose the changes, for example Supports and DPS should propose the Tank changes, etc.

Would be good to see things from another perspective.

1 Like

How about you fix the base game before spending even 1 hour of dev time on trash like this?

The time it takes to update the bnet client is the time it would take to reset ladder, comment out the rigging, and lock hardware to 1 comp accnt.

Instead of restoring game integrity for the 99% you pander to the 1%.

Content creators, washed “pros”, and people who make fun of normies for a living. People who experience the game through whitelisted lobbies and have fake takes about the reality of live conditions. We get it, you’d rather serve up trickle-down content from your toxic NDA discord chamber instead of showing up for work just once.

Thanks for being mindful about your GaaS and treating customers with dignity.

8 Likes

Canceling Rez is the bane of my existence. I’ve had more accidental cancels than successful rez, all of which were easy resurrections. My average is 6 or 7 a game and I was getting max 2. The half cool down if your Rez was unsuccessful was very nice though. But seriously, no Rez cancel, don’t do that to her.

Could you ask NotMuda (youtuber) if he would have any good ideas for symmetra?

I think he would be more creative.

Another thing I think should be taken into consideration. An idea I had awhile back, actually. What if we grabbed players who mained their characters focused on their mains? Balancing their characters? Might be something to think bout. I always wanted to see how this would go, personally. I think it’d make sense. U understand and know how to play ur characters well, so y not have those types of pros do things for their picks? So like, grab Emongg and have him balance D.va, and grab Jake and have him balance Junkrat, maybe Super for Reinhardt, etc. This is just a thought that I believe should be taken into consideration.

1 Like

So. The thing is:
First: It’s not April the 1st , its December the 1st. I guess you just mixed up something.
Second: If this is not a Joke, and you are really going to listen to the community, you should listen not to only 3 of them for over 30 heroes, but for at least 15 different creators. Yes, they will have different ideas. And they will most likely argue about the changes. But thats what makes it so interesting. You can’t (in my opinion) let a Brigitte main do some changes on Mercy or Ana. I don’t know him (Violet) tbh, but that seems like a ridiculous thing to do. There aren’t as many support heroes as f.e. damage heroes, but there are so many different content creators for different heroes. Niandra and Skiesti f.e. are absolutely stunning Mercy players. Stevooo for Symmetra. YZNSA for Pharah. McGravy for D.Va. Fitzyhere for Sombra. etc. pp.

Please dont let anything of that go live like it is now. Because the changes aren’t community changes. They are changes that 3 people out of 7 Million active Overwatch players suggested.

Thank you very much.

5 Likes

Nothing… because the announcement was the announcement.

How are they supposed to tell you about the card before the tell you about the card?

Is the confirmation time on Meteorstrike in the patch notes correct? I haven’t tried it, but it’s written as .05, where every other decimal value that is less than 1 is formatted with a leading 0 (e.g. Genji shuriken recovery reduced from 0.68 to 0.6). So I wondered if it was supposed to be 0.5 for Meteorstrike?

why is the focus making a joke rather than making a balanced game?

5 Likes
  • Roadhog is now garbage
  • Zarya is broken af
  • Genji has infinite jump
  • Tracer is broken
  • Ana self-nanoes most of the times - extremely detrimental
  • The gravity of every hero is messed up… allowing bigger jumps
  • Zarya Dva bounced me to the wall 4 times in a row
4 Likes

OH OH dont forget the blanket buff to all ranged hitscans!!!

emong, fitzy and ml7 could be cool for a future card

also my only issues with this card are:

• mercy’s “heal meter” drains even if you aren’t latched on to anyone but are pressing down the heal button
  • mei and echo got no changes, echo makes sense since she gets everyone elses changes with her ult but not mei.
  • some changes like sym’s doesn’t feel different in a fun way and doesn’t really add anything unique to the character.

Some changes like the rein shield block in kill feed, hook damage increase, zarya min damage increase, ashe scope in movespeed, bastion recon bullet spread, doom ult speed (but not that much), storm arrow ricochet, total mayhem more bombs, soldier sprint reload, recall blink recharge reset, widow primary buff, sleep target kill reset, baptiste self heal, moira fade clense (if nerfed slightly) among others could be cool changes to make the characters feel more fun while not overly breaking them if other balancing is done to keep some of them more balanced. overall a fun experimental.

1 Like

Please focus on fixing the game instead of trying to please few who doesn’t even represent the community,

5 Likes

We’re continuing to communicate feedback to the development team about game balance and the live service.

I do understand where your frustration comes from. We’re going to continue to explore ways to keep the live game fresh and vibrant, while having minimal impact on the work that T4 is doing towards the future of Overwatch. Experimental Cards are a great tool to introduce variety and different twists on the game in a relatively low risk manner.

Content Creators are players of the game. The easiest thing to do is to lump them all together as some ubiquitous entity but that does a disservice to the individuals who dedicate a large portion of their lives, and in many cases livelihoods, to their audience and the OW community. Their reasons for creating content, and their motivations when playing Overwatch are as varied as all of yours.

I do understand that some folks here on the forums have a negative perception of this segment of the community, so I respectfully ask that you try to avoid vast generalizations when speaking about these individuals.

8 Likes

Yeah but I don’t get to have my own experimental dedicated to me for the entire playerbase to see.

Anyway, my point is, if you want to win the community over, you will have to start making stuff for it.

4 Likes

counterpoints

prominent members of the community seems like a reasonable starting point for picking guest balancers for a throwaway meme patch

the forums is not the entire community

The content creators are even smaller % of the community. What is your point?

2 Likes