What about SR Reset?

Since rolequeue, there are many people playing a role on a level which doesn’t belong to them.
Like if i was supportmain before, maybe on diamond, this doesnt mean my dps is also diamond. Starting with role queue is a good chance for a reset.
Also I just would like a reset cause i would like to have a chance to rise faster, independent to my last few ranks, guess there are more people feeling like this?

1 Like

I believe resetting SR would kill the game at this point. They cud have done it 2 years ago. But right now, it would be the last straw for many players. It would turn the game into an unplayable state for several months. THis just after RQ release is too much.

Dont know whats the matter with role queue? Right now the game is still a bit random, cuz of players who arent playing their mainrole on a level which is too high.
Reset would kill the game for a short time, but it would also be a solution for the rolequeue problem. So if blizzard wants to do one, i would say now its the best moment.

I heard They did sr reset on season 2 game still playable. people liked it at that time

So think about what you are suggesting right now. Since games are random cause of players playing off-roles you want SR reset throwing all players ranging from bronze to Top500 to be within the same matchmaking bracket. Adding more players especially of varying skill levels increases the randomness/chaos of matches.

This will be a short time IF everyone does their games on the first couple days. However, you have to keep in mind not everyone will be playing at the same time. Also sr reset is a godsend to smurfs as they would just have to throw a couple placement games instead of 50+games and free low rank account for the future. Don’t forget all the people with multiple accounts. A single top 500 can dominate on his main until he climbs back to the top. Now what? He logs into a freshly sr resetted account and repeats this x amount of times. Now do that for masters, diamonds, etc…

If people think high ranks are afraid of sr reset, during the mishap of everyone placing gold at the start of S18, I including other higher ranked players in a discord were thrilled. Why? (Personally I wanted to see the lower ranks that wanted reset complain on the forums of players facing former diamond+ and say I told you so) But I also knew for majority of my games, I could mess around within my role if not paired against anyone higher than me and still win.

more or less they reset the MMR, but mostly because the season 1 ladder was kind of a joke vs what we have now.

No it would prolong the problem.

Not if they used an increased pbsr.

No they did not. Where did you hear this rumor? Because the system went from the “rank xx” to “bronze silver” etc? There was no “sr” reset. The numbers and ranks just changed, nothing really changed tho. Only the appearance.

Yeah no they didnt reset mmr, they just changed the SR display system and gave ranks names.

Yep, the whole placement match is a joke lol, I won 4 out of 5 matches, and all dps hero I played has 30+ even close to 40 elims per 10, and 10-14k hero damage per 10min. I pretty much carried those games, since I deranked this account before roleque, and it placed me at 2200, which is pretty much where I was before roleque. So i think that placement matches pretty much does nothing.

It might not be a bad Idea at all.
Many say a MMR reset would kill the game, fine let’s say it does but what about SR?
We don’t know how MMR works it could be a hidden SR but it could also just be a multiplicatior.
Resetting SR itself is either useless and just another Season reset or a more accurate Skillrating based on your MMR.

Lets face it Placements don’t really use MMR that much all they do is take your Season End and slap or take away a few SR based on your performance.

I know it would change nothing for me but I can see a few people climbing or drop because they played good or bad in Placement games.

Ow. Oww. Ow. I stepped on some glass. I guess I better cut of my foot.