What about Mercy?

“Statement of fact” lets slow down with that, it’s a superficial analyzation of overbuff statistics. I don’t feel bad for a simple character being played less in higher ranks and a highly popular character, where poor players rose ranks being carried, I don’t find it unlikely they would be dropping to the mr they belong.

I think she would be less successful in lower ranks because they would be bad with positioning. A lot of supports in the bronze category have very different rates from the higher ranks so it’s not maintaining a trend, hell Ana is at 44%. I think Mercy should do well around the middle ranks. Her win rate is 49/50% in plat/diamond while other supports are a little flatter, closer to her rate, which seems to support that a bit.

Well more healers are played so they are reffering to that, however ingoring mercy probably just means it was good to give her up some months ago. I did played her when someone asked, but i will boycott her completely now.

It is your time and you spend the money on this game on your own, however i really hope you will follow my example. Forum posts didn’t helped and maybe a boycott won’t help her as well. If it doesn’t than it’s not worth fighting for her anyway.

Edit: Should mention that I am on the side of “her Kit in her rework was always boring” and not that she is simply too weak now. Never liked it anyway op or not.

first of all we should probably wait to see whats on patch notes first eh?

second…no answer…especially after a YEAR…is an answer…they may not have said anything about her verbally (even though jeff did and it gets ignored for some weird wordplay reason)…but they keep telling you patch after patch after patch with the actual changes…they disagree on state of mercy

i still think her next change will be a buff…but itll be entirely because shes statistically inferior (which even i would argue is the case atm)…it wont be because of any other reason thats been cited on here for months on end

and keep denying it if you want…but they got exactly what they wanted out of the last patch…boosts to all the other healers that have been in her shadow for over a year now

Considering the DPS players are starting to warm up with the demands for nerfs… it’s only a matter of time. No healer is allowed to be fun, viable or even a choice to some people.

“Mah damagez!!!1!!” or “Mah killz!!1!” is pretty much the thought process that got Mercy reworked.

1 Like

All right, here is a statement of several incontrovertible facts about Overbuff data for the previous month.

Mercy is dead last in GM in win rates. She’s far below the average win rate (nearly 4 times the distance of the average character). Her pick rate there hovers under 2%. No other support is even close. The nearest, Moira, is almost 2.5% (or 2 average distances) above her. In Masters, she’s also dead last among all characters, and is about 3 average distances from the tier average. No other support comes close. Her pick rate there is currently around 2.8%. No other support comes close. In diamond, dead last again among all characters. Well below the average win rate, no other support, etc. etc. etc.

Even in the platinum data she’s a bad pick (second words character). In gold she’s bad as well, edging out only Ana (who needs aim to function) and then only by a bit. She’s merely underwhelming and mediocre in silver and bronze.

Now, you can do a few things with this data. The first is, you can doubt the accuracy of Overbuff statistics. You would be wrong to do this though.

The second thing you can do, is you can imagine that this is all some sort of coincidence. That the steeply dropping pick rates, and the singularly bad win rates are not really indicative of any issue with the character’s viability. You can claim that whether or not people pick a hero, or whether or not people win with a hero are not good ways of telling whether or not a hero is viable. In this case, I’d be interested in hearing what is a good way of telling.

The third thing you can do is that you can claim that Mercy players are bad and should be dropping ranks. This can be shown to be false. For instance in February Mercy players largely switched to Moira (you can see it from the pick rates), and then switched back March-April. Throughout that time, Mercy and Moira’s win rates were about equal. These players that were supposedly being carried by Mercy were finding the same success with Moira. You can’t claim that one is OP without claiming that the other was.

1 Like

wait, I keep hearing Overbuff isn’t reliable anymore because of private profiles, or did something change I’m missing something? I’d like to be able to check stats again but I’ve been a bit wary with everything I keep seeing.

The Overbuff sample is large enough so their data is pretty reliable. See this thread for a more detailed explanation - On Mercy and data

So?

Mercy has the biggest playerbase. Of course will Mercy be a hot topic on the forums.

Just because she is talked about much doesn’t mean that she should automatically get changes.

It somewhat is.

Other healers are more viable now and Mercy’s average healing is still on par with the average healing of the other main healers.

This was their goal (according to the dev notes in the patch notes) and they somewhat succeeded.

I guess this is fair.

Mercy has a below average winrate and is starting to be looked down again.

I too would like to know if Mercy is being looked at.

True, but I fear a similar situation that has suffered Ana, wait almost a year would be crazy.

Nope. Nothings confirmed.

She’s not a must pick now, Jeff won, us mercy mains lost because way before this nerf went live, everyone kept playing Mercy. The high pick rate was high, so Jeff nerfed Again.

Wait, how do we tell Mercy players largely switched to Moira because of the shift in pick rate when it simply could have been a coincidence to other factors rather than a causation? And Moira players have been recently complaining about nerfs yet usage rate rose and win rate largely remained the same. How do we account for that?

I didn’t realise a hero with a 48% win rate (PC, this week, competitive, all ranks) and a barely existent ‘on fire’ stat is considered ‘a good spot’. Oh wait, no… I assume you mean ‘good spot’ as in other healers are now far more viable to pick despite Mercy’s messy and near throw pick state :rofl:.

1 Like

I agree here. I hope they’ve learned from their mistakes.

This particular clause is certainly more of a speculation. Mercy’s pick rate and Moira’s pick rate rose and fell in a complimentary fashion during that time, while Ana’s remained the same. People played less Mercy. People played more Moira. The sum of the two numbers didn’t change much. It’s possible that Mercy healers took a month long break from healing, Moira healers started healing for a couple of month with the same success, and then the Moira’s stopped when the Mercy’s came back. It just seems very unlikely.

Moira’s usage only really rose in low ranks, where it’s once again replacing Mercy.

Mercy isn’t a must-pick anymore so deal with it( :slight_smile: try learning the new must pick)

The sad thing is starting in gold ana is picked over mercy, she’s only really used in bronze and silver now

And even there she can’t break into the top 10 even though her simple nature alone should be able to make her a top 5 pick in those ranks in theory.

Ooo that’s good to know. Thank you!