What a lie (Overwatch' endorsements reduced toxic behavior by 40 percent)

I don’t think you understand my message in this thread.

I’ve got my caramel corn, but I don’t think I have enough for everybody. There’s probably regular butter ones around though.

Well that is their answer to a shrinking community.

Endrosements were implemented togethet private profiles.

Private profiles reduced toxicity a lot, but they can make possible another type of toxicity of people lying about their mains. However, this is less frequent that pwople telling you what to play accordint your profile…

Toxicity went down by 40% because 40% of players quit the game

1 Like

h ttps://i.imgur.com/hvtCGVJ.png
Story checks out.

I agree with you low endorsement lvls should play with each other, if they are all truly low due to toxicity. However much like the report system, the accuracy is in question with endorsements also.

I wouldn’t say it’s a lie but it is a misinterpretation of the stats. More like, toxicity is down 40% because the playerbase is down 40%.

1 Like

Of course they’re liars. This is the company that put loot boxes in Black Ops 4.

I barely encounter really toxic people. Almost never. Probably because i’m not sensitive and nothing actually gets me.

The same level endorsement players will never be matched against each other, they barely have a general matchmaking system. Silver ranks are put against platinum, it’s just so surprising that after three years of this game being released, there is still no proper quickplay matchmaking.

People don’t even endorse anymore, no matter how well you do. Which I don’t understand, you don’t lose anything by endorsing, you only gain.

I dont think endorsement help anyone in anything, people just give it randomly, yesterday i joined to the match and before i got to hero select screen it was over someone win, and i got endorsment from someone on my team XD

I keep seeing posts like this but I’ve never actually seen it in-game. Everyone I meet always endorses, or at least enough people do that I can’t notice the others. I also haven’t seen near as many toxic players in my games since endorsements came out.

Keep in mind, toxicity does differ throughout the ranks. It is possible that if the 40% reduction was concentrated in, say, Bronze and Silver, then Gold and above would never see the change.

Maybe I’m just unfortunate then, as even with gold eliminations or gold healing, people just don’t seem to be in the mood to endorse. It’s also worse when on the losing team.

Toxicity is mostly down, sometimes I’ll encounter someone telling me to “kys” and stuff like that, but the game as a whole seems more chill.

The blizzard employee did not mention ranks. So I think she talks about all ranks.

Fun part is, Blizzard does not know what ‘kys’ means and all other toxic in-game terms. Such players keep walking around without being punished.

Keep in mind that other people can’t see your medals unless you get a card, and even then they usually don’t care.

If you want to be endorsed, you have to do things that they’ll absolutely notice, like calling shots, picking a healer or tank, and being positive in chat.

Not gonna argue that it’s always worse on the losing team

I know she’s talking about the playerbase as a whole, what I’m saying is that two or three ranks make up about 40% of the playerbase, so if toxicity was almost completely eliminated in those two or three ranks it would technically decrease toxicity as a whole by 40% but wouldn’t affect most people.

ngl, I always see this in these types of threads and wonder why you don’t just enjoy their company in another game they like instead of being miserable here by yourself.

2 Likes

I remember the official results thread a while back, it conveniently never… to this day… included the apparent toxicity reduction statistics for EU.

do you have a link ?