What’s with all the Rein hate?

I’m quite low ranked, and I don’t really understand it, but I’m curious to know why everyone seems to be calling for nerfs

4 Likes

People are tired of him being meta.
Also, right now its rein zarya or lose, This makes tanking unfun and doesn’t help q times at all.

27 Likes

They don’t hate Rein

They hate a lack of variety

55 Likes

Whatever the top (insert META hero here) is at the moment people will complain about.

The sad state is that no one cares why things are how they are, they just want Blizzard to change them by any means necessary.

The only time in the games history we had no META, there were three META comps that canceled out one another like rock, paper, scissors, it was the fault of Blizzard releasing Bridgette. So, the most balanced the game has ever been, META wise, was release Bridgette. And even that had to go.

No one will ever be happy. No one will ever attempt to figure out why these things are the way they are. No one cares, they just complain.

8 Likes

It’s quite a shame really, because I do enjoy playing rein. Like I said beforehand, I’m very low ranked, high silver on pc and 1200 on console (I’m very bad), but I do enjoy playing Tank as when dps aren’t killing themselves, throwing, or the enemy team isn’t 4 smurfs and a mercy in one group, it can sometimes be enjoyable and/or relaxing.

Rein is supposed to a hero that’s always a good option, but never the sole best option. Lately, he’s been too close to that latter deal.

He’s the standard by which other tanks are balanced, so if he’s the best then that means everything else is too weak.

16 Likes

I don’t get it. I love playing Rein/Zarya and I love it when our team has a Rein/Zarya. It’s nothing like Orisa/Sigma - that was one of the worst metas ever for being boring to play and go against.

4 Likes

I enjoyed og sigma but he was op and I can understand why he was nerfed, but I think his resourcefulness was killed with the sheild cool down, so I stopped playing him. I don’t get why they carried on nerfing him even once the meta was done.

2 Likes

That’s subjective.
Not everyone likes rein zarya

2 Likes

Fizzbin did not say that everyone had to like them. Only that they do not understand why people don’t.

And Fizz obviously doesn’t like Orisa/Sigma. To each their own.

That being said, you gave no counter to why you dislike Rein/Zarya, only pointed out that what Fizz said was subjective.

What is objective is that Blizzard wants to nerf tanks so hard that DPS queue times get to the 20 minute mark.

1 Like

I don’t dislike rein zarya. I’m a zarya main.
I’m just SO SICK of it being meta.

I literally couldnt care less if even zarya was nerfed.

1 Like

He’s the only viable main tank and since double shield main tanks are not allowed to be viable except for maybe winston

3 Likes

The problem is that Overwatch has 1 tank (Reinhardt) and then a bunch of DPS/Tank hybrids.

Unfortunately, the solutions is probably to make Rein more of a DPS/Tank hybrid so he falls in line with the other “”""“tanks”""".

1 Like

The thing I don’t understand is why not just give the rest of the tank roster varying buffs, like damage, etc, depending on what they need, instead of nerfing rein, who, from what I’ve heard so far is the best tank that can actually tank. Why not just bring the rest of the tanks up to his level, then move the ice demon to the tank roster?

2 Likes

He is a good tank while the rest are kinda meh so we need to nerf him so all tanks are not fun to play.

1 Like

I will play META tanks, and I will play off META tanks.

What I don’t get is how, like the author of this thread said “What’s with all the Rein hate?”.

We have had META departures where there were multiple META comps, and people still complained to no end. People will complain about Reinhardt, or Zarya. Get them nerfed and then complain about whatever tank takes the top spot. As if these picks were green-lit by massive buffs instead of Blizzard just ____canning all the other heroes in their category.

Maybe dive tanks could get a bit more love :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Dunno and they have to do something more with Orisa-Sigma, especially Orisa, its not a fun hero to play even when its meta

Actually, Rein had large buffs…

Fair, and they went overboard with Orisa and Sigmas nerfs.

What I don’t get is that Orisa and Sigma are allowed to be meta for a few months, whereas it’s OK for deathball to be meta most of the game.

3 Likes

the hate comes from both the forum and the devs repeating history over and over with the same nerf mistakes.

We’ve come back to full circle where it’s Rein and Zarya while everyone else is nerfed too much or have poor synergy in 222 because of the overnerfing.

For hero variety you need buffs. Nerfs just make people want to play a hero or a role less

3 Likes

Reinhardt got a single buff and a band-aid fix.

Steadfast should have gone to all the tanks. I have said that since before Orisa was released. I thought it was stupid that the heroes in the game who are supposed to be the front line, immobile health monsters can fly around at the same speed and distance as their frail little DPS and support allies.

The movement speed “buff” was a direct result of Reinhardt losing the threat posed in melee range from power creep. It should have honestly always been the speed it is now. That, or Reinhardt needed a way to move people away from him while holding his shield up. It used to be the massive cleave that hit everyone in front of him and displaced them to the left or right. After Anniversary patch 2017 Hammer Swing was busted and Blizzard never fixed it.

Overboard is an understatement in my opinion. Off a cliff would be how I describe it.

Dive was META from the end of Season 4 to the release of Bridgette in comp. It lasted for just over a year and a half. That is longer then any META we have had.

1 Like