Well.. Sombra’s dead again 💀

My worst fear for her rework happened, they made her a sub-par tracer.

I really wish they went the more supporty infiltrator kinda play style.

She may not be dead but much like Bastion they are clearly on life support and are in need of some substantial changes.

No hero should have stats that are as bad as they are.

I don’t disagree that she’s in need of help, but to declare things along the lines of “SHE’S DEAD AND THE SKY IS FALLING” reduces the value of even the most legitimate of arguments.

1 Like

The sky is alright. This week she has the lowest Win rate, tied for the lowest pickrate, and even at GM, she only has a .4% pickrate. Better?

1 Like

Much better, thank you.

1 Like

personally she needs a new way to hack and it needs to be her ult and give her a new secondary ability because buffing hack in anyway will seem OP. Her Kit is outdated TBH.

I find the dumb LOS checks worse than the 2 sec cd. The hack will break over a fence post or something stupid. And because it’s so loud when casting the enemy will know where you are and your forced to translocate out.

You mean… EMP?

Her kit isn’t outdated, she’s never had the opportunity for it to actually work right and get outdated in the first place.

her having a regular hack and a mass hack is the problem people will always see hack as op. She needs a new way to hack is what im saying. Idk what they can do for her.

There are so many things to make sure sombra isn’t op.
-There’s a delay in and out of invis so players wouldn’t feel like there wasn’t time to react.
-she has lower dps than any of the flankers because they didn’t want her to be able to assasinate people.
-she gives a voice line whenever she does everything just in case you were worried about her actually being stealth
-her hack makes a noise and has a line going straight to her
-her hack breaks on everything and nothing and goes on a short cd just in case you were stealthy.
-there’s no damage threshold on hack or Invisibility so it didn’t feel unfair to low damage heroes.
-she doesn’t have any abilities to use during the fight and translocator can’t be canceled because…?
-she doesn’t move as fast as the other flankers outside of invis.
-She can’t get ult charge off healthpacks because people were tired of her having ult every fight and they were tired of being punished for fighting her on her healthpack.
-she can’t shoot, hack or aim out of translocator. There’s another delay.

I wonder why her pickrate is so low?

8 Likes

What I find intriguing with all this Brigitte, shield bash, stun, etc. complaining is that a properly-buffed Sombra might be the best hero to shut all that down.

Maybe when her kit doesn’t revolve around making a hero useless outside of their primary and secondary fire she will be accepted by the community.

These anti-fun cc, disabler heroes need to be reworked and redesigned.

She’s not accepted by the community because she’s rather weak, not because she has a soft-CC with tons and tons of counterplay.

3 Likes

I mean I’m a plat sombra main on my alt account and I honestly don’t think she’s in that bad of a spot. I think if they made here stealth need atleast 10 damage to break and a little faster reload animation and then she’d be fine. Most of the times I die as sombra I either see it coming or afterwards realize what I did wrong (positioning or not knowing where all the enemies are)
Edit: oh and also the los with light poles and such on hack

They dont want there to be a hero on the ground that could soft counter brigitte, only parah is allowed to fight brigitte.

THIS THIS THIS THIS, ALL OF THIS. THIS CRAP INFURIATES ME.

This is the stuff that drives me over the edge on a regular basis.

One- and two-shot kills are fine.
Team-wiping ultimates are fine.
Uber high damage on uber high mobile heroes is fine.
Stuns, snares, healing denial, all fine.
Literally every part of Sombra: Not fine.

“Oh, but you just have to communicate with your team!”
Really? Okay, sure, I’ll accept that. So on top of needing S-tier aim to get the most out of her gun, perfect communication and follow-through from your teammates to capitalize on your hacks and EMPs, all of the various drawbacks attached to every single part of her kit, she’s totally fine.

You know what other hero needs all of those things while having all of those types of drawbacks?

None. No one. Not a single hero. Not one hero needs perfect aim and coordination and communication to get value out of. Not one.

But Sombra needs all of that, and the proverbial bag of potato chips.

11 Likes

Blizzard doesn’t care about sombra. They gave her two weeks of being fun then they didn’t even put the nerfs that completely broke her on the ptr. Evidently they don’t care about her.

5 Likes

By many on the forums this means she is just a niche hero. Somehow it is fair to have hero’s with 75% or higher pick rates who are good always but also to have some that are only niche…

Niche does not mean she has to be bad. She is not even good at her niche… and noone knows her niche.

2 Likes

I like the new sombra more, but the old one was stronger for me. Blizzard needs to comment on Sombra, she is in a very bad spot.

1 Like