Welcome to the new forums!

you can’t downvote? hmmm, okay.

It’s nice feature you can pin the thread you want, instead seen only this pinned by mods. It’s a nice feature.

But somehow it doesn’t work all the time. I refreshed the second tab with forums by accident (on which I still didn’t pin the thread) and after that, the thread was suddenly unpinned.

And again: I made a post in my pinned thread. After sent, the thread was unpinned.

How do I quote posts? D:

Highlight the text you want to quote and click “Reply”

OR

The quote bubble at the top-left of the Comment Editor

Thank you. :slight_smile:

Not a problem, and if you want to know more about some of the newer features in this forum, check out this post I made:

Isn’t that hypocritical, irrational, and one sided? You want praise to be shown in upvotes while people who disagree/downvote are hidden. That’s an echo chamber and thought policing. Yet you tout “Equality” You hate people being silenced but that’s exactly that new forums are discreetly designed to do.

Imagine a review site for restaurants that only permitted upvoting with no downvoting. It would give distorted view how many people actually like it compared to those who don’t. Yes you can spend hours reading all the comments but the point of a legitimate review metric is to gauge both negative/positive feedback.

I wanted to post this in the original thread and it was locked instantly. Because people couldn’t downvote and people started to refute it. Where did the other posts go?

Topic (You can’t even link back to Blizzard on forums, rofl…so bad)
no-downvotes-is-a-huge-improvement

"Something has gone wrong. Perhaps this topic was closed or deleted while you were looking at it? "

Thought Police much?

1 Like

Man, this looks so much better to be honest. :smiley:

Squad pic.

20char20char

Overly cluttered and ugly. No downvotes. No links without “trust”, so no meaningful bug reports from new users. No explanation of what “trust” is. No explanation on how to earn “trust”. No way to measure “trust” gained.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report! We will address this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

New forums seem fine, but I can’t for the life of me figure out how to put people on ignore now.

Are we still able to, or are we going to be forced for eternity to have to read every post by every reoccurring troll or idiot?

Thanks Jeff & team, looks good.

I love the dogs!

Plus Jeff looks like some sort of secret agent and Michael Chu is trying to be sneaky back there lol

I don’t really play this game as much as I do the other Blizzard franchises, but I did want to come over and say that this is a HUGE improvement over what we had before.

The removal of downvotes, the streamlined interface, and the ability to embed media are huge improvements.

I will say, the new format was super jarring at first, but after reading a few threads I think I like it a little bit better.

One thing I would like to see, however, is the ability to use the old reply box. I’m not a fan of the split WYSIWYG interface. I’d rather just tab between the format and preview panes. Makes it hard to do anything because it’s so small.

Overall though, great improvements. I can’t wait for this new format to reach the other Blizzard sites.

1 Like

I wish downvotes and the ability to see people’s SR was still here.

2 Likes

Click on your name and choose “View profile”, dear GM Genji player xd

Also, could you please fix the pinning? It’s annoying forums still unpin pinned threads.

Thanks BigDaddy Jeff! Love the new forums. Been very happy with all the amazing content this year!

Thank you!
I have a few questions:

• are staff posts now orange?
  • how can I jump to a staff reply to a topic?

Could there be an option to not have endless scroll tho? Otherwise I’m digging the new forum design.

Here, have a Oni Genji emoji: :japanese_ogre: