Welcome to Paris

so that means its not true, right?

Trust me, its true

They wont care, they will do whatever it takes to leave that map

I dont think 11 ppl have left in my games but definetely 4-5 at the start of every Paris game

I doubt that people leave Paris if it means to get suspended for an hour.

you would be surprised

Once I loaded into the map:
Leaver, Backfill, left, Backfill, left, Backfill, left, Backfill

1 Like

Hol up there buddy…

Skip to 0:53

It’s not like you couldn’t improve Paris. No map is perfect and I would definitely not be against adding a Mega Health Pack, a high ground for attackers or a new flank route to Point A (even though I don’t think that it would be needed if people stopped fooling around in the choke, because they are scared of committing to the fight).

But the complaints about Point B are a bunch of bogus imo.
All you need is 1 hero who can scout (Hanzo, Tracer, Genji, Sombra, Soldier, Echo, Winston, D.Va, Ball, Moira and Lucio work fine) and you won’t have any problem at all to know where the enemy is attacking.

i haven’t had the whole lobby leave, but there has been times where there’s 2-4 people left after the lobby being full. so the whole lobby leaving doesn’t surprise me.

Due to the low Au population I’ve seen paris cancel games in mystery heroes a few times because people just leave and there aren’t enough people to replace them.

Paris should not be anywhere but custom games.

I sympathize with the devs, hard work was poured into that, and the community - myself included - wants more content constantly and Paris embodies the downside of “more”, proving it’s not always better.

However here we are, the thing is removed from comp, just blow it to hell and let us be done with it, we can make fun of it in the next Dev Update, say Null Sector took it and OW has naught the strength to fight back for it, you know? No need to take yourself too seriously.

1 Like

On arcade it’s even worse Sometimes 12-16 leave.

I always stay :neutral_face:.

If I ever visit France I’ll get PTSD because of this map

At this point, even if you really really like Paris, there is little incentive to stay or possibility to enjoy it. It’s almost never a proper 6v6. Surely Blizzard has these statistics. They’re removed it from comp, so they acknowledge the problems. How is it still in QP?

The mistake wasn’t to keep it in QP, but to remove it from comp in the first place.
The complaints have been like a weird case of mass hysteria from the very beginning and the removal of the map just fired those people up.

What would be your solution then? People in GM comp were praised as a martyr for queue dodging it. When that happens it ruins everyone’s queue times (even the people who like Paris), but the sentiment was overwhelmingly people being grateful to the dodger in spite of that. I’m just baffled as to how people think that what was happening in comp was sustainable, or how what is currently happening in QP is sustainable.

Unpopular opinion: Paris is fun to play on defense. You can literally feed on point b and win. As long as you kill at least one person at a choke or the gate, you almost always win the fight unless there’s a large team skill discrepancy.

Cause the only real problem is that it’s too big…

Neither point has anything really that you can’t find on the other 2CP maps

At this point people just leave because people have bought in to the “it’s the worst map in the game” stuff

2 Likes

Punish leavers harder, so they stop doing it for the memes and the positive response they were getting from some players.

The only reason this map is a problem is because people leave it because they think it is a problem. People need a 15-30 minute queue debuff for leaving matches honestly. Just stop leaving.

1 Like

For QP do you mean increase penalties for only Paris? Because if you only leave Paris that results in leaving 1/21 games - not a whole lot in QP standards.

In comp, the penalties are already quite harsh, but it didn’t matter for Paris and for only Paris. The idea of restructuring the entire system around forcing people to play the worst map instead of, idk, fixing or removing the only map that has that problem seems absolutely absurd to me.

No, I actually mean: Punish leavers.
They are not only a problem on Paris or in QP.

30 minute timeout on first offense, 1 hour on the second, 1 whole day after that - resets every 7 days.

I am not against “fixing” the map.
The problem is that those people won’t care what you change about it.

The changes made to HLC addressed most of the common complaints people brought up about it.
Ironically enough those people took the fact that Blizzard changed the map as a confirmation that said map is bad and leaving got even worse after that.

You can make changes to improve the map, but what you need to fix is peoples attitude towards it.

1 Like