We will get another patch on the PTR this year?

I hope so because hanzo is still busted. Remove lunge already and nerf the projectile speed. The drawback of hanzo having so much damage is supposed to be low mobility and inconsistent at long range. We asked to rework scatter arrow not turn him into a monster whith his new abilities that you ripped from sha lin of paladins.

4 Likes

So remove what makes him decent at the range he’s supposed to play at?

Actually, he’s not even supposed to have so much damage. He’s a mid-range sniper/assassin. He doesn’t need to bust no tanks.

Here’s how I’d fix it.

1 Like

mid range sniper that is Just as affective at any range. Nice meme.

1 Like

Hanzo needs more nerfs so soldier and mccree can be picked again.

Yes I agree. Hanzo = best DPS at any range also best flanker.

I wouldn’t mind removing lunge ,it really is unnecessary as he has enough mobility with wallclimb ,but nerfing the projectile speed AND removing lunge would absolutely destroy him ,he’s already very inconsistent at long range as it is ,we don’t need to make him more inconsistant in mid-range.

Hell ,removing lunge alone would make him UP ,but I think it would be a step in the right direction ,they can buff something else after that

What do you mean this year? It’s August.
We still got four months.
We got a new hero/cinematic coming out in three months.
What makes you believe that the ptr won’t be updated until 2019?

2 Likes

I don’t know. As much as stats show he is still quite useful I haven’t seen as much Hanzo play. I have been playing a lot more D.Va, and since dive is coming back Hanzo isn’t that great. I think even without nerfs he will eventualy fall into line with other DPS.

Seems to be 4-6 months between balance patches for OW devs. Seems kind of silly that in a ‘competetive e-sports game’ I will have my whole team be killed by a flanking hanzo and grav dragoned every other teamfight for 6 months.

1 Like

The PTR already has an update, namely one involving Reinhardt’s EarthShatter.

1 Like

I mean after that tho

Probably Torb

Answer to the title:
Yes of course,we should get at least 2 big patches until the end of the year,one for the torb rework,and the 2nd patch right after hero 29 and a new map is revealed in blizzcon.

Hanzo isn’t too strong, it’s just that too many dps are underpowered.

What do you mean “this year”? There is a PTR patch before every live patch.

You guys do realize that Mccree and Genji are picked more than Hanzo right?

this game is not only being balanced around low elos… look at master+gm where hitscans like mccree and soldier still struggle against hanzo. especially soldier.

The drawback of a sniper is to be inconsistent at long range? I am glad you are not the one designing this game. That sounds like some Ubisoft logic. You hate Glaz?

1 Like

I just checked and Mccree is being used about the same, if not more in a few ranks. Are you checking “this week” or “this month”, which still counts stats from before his recent nerf.