I was playing a match on overwatch and had perfect internet when my match just lagged out for no reason and kicked me out even when I had my WiFi still connected. After I was kicked I couldn’t join back into the match I was playing and the game thought I quit and gave me -75 exp for 8 matches or so. Please put that system in the game its annoying.
It is important to understand that while you may not disconnect from your general internet connection. Anything between you, your ISP and Blizzard’s network providers could cause a disconnection. Because of this penalties are relatively light (minimum 10 minute suspension in Competitive, only a experience penalty for other game modes after leaving multiple games). Learn more about Blizzard’s stance on disconnections here:
What we can do to help is try to figure out where and how you are disconnecting. A great way to do that is through the use of a WinMTR test:
- Download WinMTR from https://sourceforge.net/projects/winmtr/files/WinMTR-v092.zip/download (Console players need a Windows Desktop Computer connected to the same network as their console to do this.)
- Unzip the WinMTR.zip file to the Desktop.
- Open the WinMTR folder and select the 32 or 64 bit version. Choose whichever one corresponds to your version of Windows.
- Run the WinMTR.exe
- Type the IP address you want to trace in the “Host” field. To get the correct IP you will actually need to open up the game and go Practice Vs AI or Quick Play and if you are on PC hit Ctrl+Shift+N and it will bring up the ingame network diagnostic graph, or go to Video > Options > Display Network Performance Graph if you are on any platform including Console. In the top left corner is the IP address you want to run WinMTR to.
note When looking at the IP it will show up ingame as something like 22.214.171.124:12345. You will want to leave the last 5 digits and the colon at the end off and the IP you want to use is just the 126.96.36.199
- Once you notice the connection issue while playing, play for about 6 more minutes, minimize the game and click on “Stop”.
- Click on “Copy text to clipboard”, then return to this forum thread.
- Type two sets of four squiggly lines and then paste the contents of the WinMTR test between:
~~~~ Paste WinMTR Test Results Here ~~~~
If in the event you can’t even connect to Overwatch and get into any game mode at all, please use one of the following IP addresses based on your geographical region:
- US West - 188.8.131.52
- US Central - 184.108.40.206
- Brazil - 220.127.116.11
- Europe Netherlands - 18.104.22.168
- Europe France - 22.214.171.124
- Korea - 126.96.36.199
- Taiwan - 188.8.131.52
- Australia - 184.108.40.206