We Need to Dispel Some Myths About Mercy

Titanium, always dropping some solid posts.

I’ve said a lot recently that Rez should just be removed since it won’t be placed on her Q ever again. What would you personally suggest into her kit? (I’m of a mind about some sort of cleanse ability to mitigate CC, but I’m biased)

1 Like

jeff said many things - “there will never be deathmatch added” “sombra will never get infinite stealth” “genji’s deflect hitbox is fine just don’t shoot at him ;)” and many more.

The game is business for them and even if they say at one point a thing will never ever going to happen it doesn’t really mean that. They might sooner or later do that thing anyways if that means they can make more money out of it - look even at symmetra, i know they never said she is fine but they only addressed her pickrate issue when their other business (overwatch league) viewers were upset she hasn’t been picked once.
So yeah don’t take their “mass rez never happens again” for granted.

1 Like

I could be content with not having an E ability at all, so long as Mercy has a decent ultimate. That said, I would prefer that she has one rather than not. What she should have for her E is tricky, as it depends upon what she has for her ultimate. To throw out some ideas:

• Single-target allied reduction in damage taken or invulnerability (UI targetable).
  • Single-target allied cleanse and/or burst heal (UI targetable).
  • Single-target hostile damage output reduction (hitscan projectile).
  • Increase in beam strength for a short duration (ex: 60 HPS -> 80 HPS).
  • Single-target allied heal over time independent from staff (UI targetable).
3 Likes

I’m all for removing rez still.

Ok, I like all of these-- and I want to go through why I like them, haha.

As a player focusing on mainly playing tank, there are countless times where I’ll have a big threat in my face as Reinhardt and have to steadfast because shielding is more important than survival. Having a damage reduction would improve my QOL in these situations because it would enable me to survive AND shield.

I’m biased-- I think a cleanse ability would fit Mercy’s kit and be a superb defensive ability. Again, as a tank, there’s a lot of stuns I can’t stop myself that will result in a team wipe. Having a player who is attentive to see the stun coming and stop it would increase Mercy’s skill ceiling while giving her an amazing utility. I don’t think it would overpower nade either. It would leave Moira as the only main supp without Utility. The burst, on the other hand, would also make sense because of her status as a dedicated healer. In addition, it wouldn’t be utility which would leave Ana as a desirable choice for that.

I’m thinking you mean this like a skill shot to decrease damage from an enemy and I LOVE IT. Anything that ties in with her pacifist backing makes sense, and provides an awesome utility as a skillshot. In addition, IT ISN’T A STUN.

Good for the same reason the first option is-- I get stronger heals that enable me to keep on doing what I’m doing, while not infringing on the status of being utility.

I’m not a fan of Mercy being able to heal multiple targets due to her position as a single target heals-- but for an ability with a cooldown, I can let go of that. It fits her character, and would probably be named Blessing LOL

1 Like

actually so many mercy mains want mercy to be balanced and not broken like she is now but old mercy did have many issues though and i dont support it being back. this current mercy can be patched if they nerf her the right way which they haven’t yet lol. i dont really mind the nerf on the heal but it doesnt change the fact that mercy is still a must pick and its because of rez on CD. honestly just move rez into valk and she should be fine.