We need subforums now more than ever

Imagine all of the Mercy spam in one subforum

Imagine general discussion actually being general discussion instead of Mercy complaints

I really think this needs to be done for the sake of organization. You could have a subforum for each character or each role. You could have a “Popular” subforum that just showed you some of the most popular threads from each character’s or role’s forum.

If you wanted Genji players to reply to your Mercy thread you could link it to a stickied thread in the Genji forums that is designed for people to request feedback.

I don’t know, but at this point I don’t think repeatedly locking Mercy threads is going to get anywhere. I honestly think if we had subforums some of the more niche characters would actually get some discussion.

Tell me what you think guys

1 Like

“Mercy spam” ? I assume you mean those complaint threads claiming Mercy discussions are spam, if so then yes I agree those are likely spam or at least non-constructive. The actual Mercy discussions for the most part however, despite there being a fair number of them, appear to be a bit different in their own way and aren’t spam. If they were posting near enough the same thing, e.g. “Mercy sucks, revert” then I’d agree, but I haven’t seen that really. Each hero having its own forum, or at least each role, would allow other discussions to take place on the main forum such as maps.

1 Like

It isn’t spam for us to voice our opinions on our character.

I find it so demoralizing to read that apparently we need subforums for “spam”…

Mercy complaints aren’t suddenly worthless and not worth discussing in GENERAL discussion forum because you personally couldn’t care less about the hero.

I have absolutely made a few threads in the past, however I think people can all view my history and see that there are a surprisingly few Mercy threads I’ve made even in the past week.

Most of these threads are actually threads attacking Mercy mains like myself and attempting to berate us and make us feel unworthy and like we shouldn’t be heard.

So it’s not actually spam. Especially considering the extensive effort so many of us go into in order to try and prove our point. Like some of my posts are the longest posts ever created on this forum, where I cite other threads, youtube videos, statistics, perform some math on them and come up with extremely strong arguments.

Like for examples, how are these “spam” :confused:

1 Like

Today i saw more “about mercy posts” new threads than actual new mercy threads.

6 Likes

And about half of them are complaints about mercy threads…posts like these do not help, but add more fuel to the fire.

1 Like

we just need an option to block threads with keywords in the title
that would fix the mercy spam

This isn’t a Mercy thread so don’t derail it please like usual please :wink:

This is about forum organization. This is about sub-forums and I used Mercy threads as an example because, let’s be real, there are too many threads about her specifically.

I want to see threads about more niche heroes. I want to be able to find threads more easily that are about different heroes. That’s all.

I think some of the more frequent complainers would still use general discussion to make their complaints. Some of them have told me that they feel justified in doing this because they believe it’s an absolute truth that Mercy is broken and it’s their duty or something to “fight for her” to get her back to where THEY want her. They’ll never understand that other people’s opinions aren’t worth any less than theirs just because other people don’t use graphs and made-up statistics to support their opinions.

It is spam to voice them over and over again, without changing any opinion

1 Like

Proving my point on the derailing.

Imagine all of the Mercy spam that talks about the “Mercy spam,” in one subforum. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

I don’t follow. How did my original reply derail? I was querying your somewhat questionable example of Mercy discussions being ‘spam’. I did however agree with the idea that each hero, or role, could do with their own subforum (not just specifically one hero).

At the end of the day it’s up to the forum staff how they maintain their forum, not us members. We should be discussing matters here revolving around Overwatch, not forum policy/design. There’s already been more than one thread similar to this recently (quite a few actually), either complaining about the amount of Mercy discussions or at the very least suggesting we have multiple subforums or a subforum for just one hero.

I don’t think this will solve the problem. As long if there is a General Discussion will the General Discussion subforum get the most threads. What will prevent them from creating more Mercy threads in the General Discussion subforum if there is a subforum for Mercy?

From the Code of Conduct:

Creating Duplicate Threads

This category includes:

• Creating threads about existing topics
  • Creating a separate thread about an existing topic for further discussion in more than one forum

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:

• Be given a temporary ban from the forums, depending upon severity

It’s not seen as spam according to the COC but creating duplicate threads about the same topic, isn’t allowed either.

This counts for both camps btw and not just the Mercy mains.

It’s spam when they show up in 4v4 TDM threads, and a reaper spread change thread

Your threads are not spam, but you linking to your threads in other threads like a bot advertising concert tickets is.

Subforums will just contribute to create more void spaces in the forums to move threads that the OW team want to ignore.
No.

1 Like

while it’s a neat idea I would imagine that “mains” would flock other subforums as well when a dev posted in one of them resulting in a lot of flak and negativity from everyone