We need more infos about OW2

Questions:

1. When the release? Soon? Or you announce it now and we will see it in 2 years like you did with OW1? This means we won’t receive updates about maps or heroes till OW2 release?
  2. It’s a new game? Or Update? Or both? I mean: if you don’t have OW and buy OW2, you are buying all experience and ok. But if i’ve OW1, and, like Jeff said, i will have heroes, maps and matches shared, this means that if i’ll buy OW2, my OW1 will get an Update/be replaced with OW2? Do we that have OW1 a discount to buy OW2? Because if i buy OW2, i will unlock new modes and story modes, not all like if i didn’t have OW.
  3. The cost? Any discount for us with OW1?
  4. New engine: it is for only story mode or for the entire game? OW1 will receive a graphic upgrade? It’s strange to think about crossplaying with not the same engine.

I’d like more infos, just because i’m interesting in OW2. I love the coop pve, i’d love the new heroes style. But we need more infos. I hope you will give us them.

Thank you

1 Like

They answered 2 and 4 already, and obviously the weekend will tell you the other things

1 Like

It seems the entirety of OW2 will have a new engine. That would include PVP, I don’t see why not.

OW1 will not have an engine update so we’ll most likely keep our current graphics. Just think of it as people on the lowest graphics playing with people on the highest graphics.

But it is not so simple. How 2 enignes can crossplay in the same game? And the new style? It’s only for story mode? How classic skins will work?

1 Like

Think of it as someone playing on the lowest graphics vs someone playing on the highest. We don’t know yet how much that’ll affect gameplay, and if there’ll be pros to playing one over the other for competitive PVP.

Again. It’s not the same. A new engine has different models at all, it’s not like “they have better details and texture”. It’s a deeper change.

just wait until tomorrow, they’ll go over the rest. also check out for gameplay on youtube, it’ll be coming soon enough

1 Like

I hope it.
Because i wouldn’t have problem to buy a “DLC” for story. It would be ok for me.
Obv with a discount it would be better or it would make me buying istant.
We will see…