We need anti mobility heroes

There are no hard counters from 1 hero to another, comps counter other comps and thats the way it should be, no hero should counter another hero so hard that a gold player could kill a grand master, which is what people pretty much keep asking for.

2 Likes

Well it depends on your definition of hard-counter, doesn’t it?

Personally I define a hard-counter as a matchup where one hero is unable to contribute to a match while the other hero is on the field, and if they fight them, the duel is massively favours the second hero.

For example, Pharah into Symmetra. Symmetra being a primarily short-ranged hero cannot reach Pharah who can rain death upon her, and depending on how she sets them up (which is pretty map dependent) can prevent her from getting much value out of her buildings.

Or Winston into Bastion. Bastions solid HP and resistances means he’s hard for Winston to kill, Winston can’t displace Bastion during his ultimate, and Bastion having the highest DPS in the game allows him to shred even an ulting Winston incredibly quickly.

Unless your definition of a hard-counter is something different?

3 Likes

Just like how her abilities and ultimate counters Reaper? :))))))))))

Why won’t you respond to our threads, Kaplan. Reaper needs help. Answer our plea.

1 Like

Sombra stops Tracer and Genji in their tracks. Mei also says hello.

But if a hero counters mobility, surely that hero hardcore counters hero’s with not as much mobility? And in the end the hero with mobility would still be the better choice?

2 Likes

Not if they make something that specifically hits movement abilities. What you speak of has been a major problem with countering the oppressive meta, thats why sombra is getting re-nerfed. But if they make it something that doesnt affect you unless you have movement abilities, than it wouldnt screw others more than the ones it is trying to counter.

2 Likes

Brigitte is an after thought is if she is not in competitive. Furthermore, its too early to learn her mechanics. Players will have too much time with her in Quickplay or Arcade. They will get to use to playing her in dysfunctional teams or behave as if they are alone in comp because of what they learn in Deathmatch.

Now all you need to do is nerf Doomfist’s damage model. It’s op af.

You know who also does? Sombra, Jeff! But you guys decided she is too much for your gurl Tracer and your boi Genji, so yeah, I guess we’re stuck with Brigitte being our only option!

6 Likes

Yeah even if she does, there need to be more and better options.

4 Likes

And look at what’s going to happen to Sombra.

1 Like

Every of these heroes you commented on have proper counters. You just don’t want to use those counters. (Specially by the “built for a niche” that can be translated as “i don’t like them, make another one that i like”)
A bubble that traps a character like… Junkrat’s trap? Or maybe something that can be thrown like Ana’s sleep?
And you realize how easy to defend points would be if there’s an aura that weakens every enemy inside it?

Considering the nerfs they’ve announced on her, I don’t think it’s a big deal. Not being able to spam hack when under fire (which I guess anyone should keep trying actually) and make the change that she can’t end her hack through walls sounds more like an improvement of the game mechanics.

2 Likes

Not sure if you noticed ,but if anything she’d be another dive member ,as her ability to shut down characters is extremely powerful with coordinated teams.

3 Likes

You strike me as a person who doesn’t play Sombra too much.

The key here is “coordinated teams”, please find me one…Don’t jest.

One owl, the pro dive teams will kill brigitte on 1 sec.

Also one hero cant be the only counter to the best meta on the game… or we will be forced to play brigitte. Because the enemy can come with the dive??

Or, you could properly buff and balance heroes that have been F-Tier for the last 14 months after telling us that they are supposedly “all about slowing heroes down” even though their kits are woeful, unreliable, buggy, weak and situational (if a situation even exists in which they can be useful), and in fact suck against any character with mobility.

cough, MEI, cough

5 Likes

I hate to argue against you Mr. Kaplan, but Brigitte basically just defend herself from being dived by a singular hero. She does not stop several, like dive tend to toss out. And might actually help it more than change it. Range heal/armor to a diving Tracer or Genji? They’ll gobble that right up.

We will see how it goes when she gets out of course, but I don’t see her being enough to change the meta on her own.

1 Like

I will confess I’m a new player and I’m still learning how to use Sombra, but even so:

• Hacking continuing for 0,1s after enemy went under cover isn’t really fair;
  • If under enemy fire I’d either flee or fight back instead of keeping my right button pressed trying to hack them during reloads; (except maybe Tracer)