We need answers now

Roll queue is not needed and is a bad idea.

Blizzard doesn’t have to tell us anything. Be grateful for the communication they do give us.

1 Like

It would stop the problems of picking what you want hurting other players.

I didn’t realize that overwatch had been out for an eon. Ya know, a billion years.

Think you meant “feels like an eon” despite that he had received some buffs then nerfs not too long ago. So, obviously not ignored just not accomplished yet.

Bastion has been -F tier for a long time and blizzard just doesn’t seem to care.

2 Likes

It would force metas and also force what you should play and not be dependent on maps anymore. My choice of tank, support, or dps changes based upon whether we are attack/defense and what map.

To pre-determine what I’m playing would be a disaster.

The Public Test Realm is usually to give players a chance to help test and find bugs to new content. There has not been any new real Competitive Mode testing since season 4 when they revamped the tie-breaker system for Assault Maps. Really if they make policy changes, they will do so when they are ready to commit to them. Revealing anything without being ready to commit to it is a bad idea.

About Role Queue, I won’t object to it, but it will not fix many problems and it may actually create even worse problems. Yeah you may get a balanced team comp right out of the gate, but Overwatch is about switching heroes and whole team compositions. If someone fails to perform their role in any given, they would be subjected to worse abusive from toxic players.

Also, don’t forget the older forums have had many developer responses to many questions about Competitive that so many players have forgotten, I maintain an F.A.Q. thread in the Competitive Discussion forum so that players have a single destination to most Blizzard Responses.

One:

Whether you see it at your level or not… swapping is absolutely an essential part of the game. Picks and counter picks are what makes overwatch overwatch. If you need to change something up to counter what your opponent originally chose and you can’t, you just lose. That’s not fun.

What roles do you have? Two for tanks, two for supports, two for dps? You realize that 2-2-2 isn’t the best composition all the time right? How do you account for that? How do players get creative, push the meta, or think outside the box if your team is locked in 2-2-2?

Where do Defense heroes fit? in DPS roles? Ok so what’s stopping Hanzo/Widow from taking up your DPS slots, effectively throwing? Where’s sym fit into this? Sometimes you need a defense hero or sym to replace a tank or support for the best comp on a certain map, but you can’t do that now, because you’re locked into 2-2-2.

This game would be boring as heck with role queue and it wouldn’t stop throwers or bad players. Someone picking Hog with Winston instead of D.Va is just as harmful as only getting one tank but more damage/dive potential. I could keep going. There are about a hundred, at least, more negative side effects you’re not considering.

2 Likes

Ok even if he’s silver he isnt wrong if im being honestly the game isnt balanced and it actually is alot worse for the lower than you think with the increase in easy to play characters its just become easy to rek at lower ranks with no skill the games stop being fair. You could say just use that character against them well some of people just dont want to be stuck on a character just for the sake of winning they should be able to win in other ways. You shouldn’t judge based on rank cause this persons point is valid.

1 Like

But people don’t switch. The reason people one trick is it’s just more fun to play your hero rather than switch and blizzard needs to face the fact that its fantasy to expect people to always switch to fit the team.

I switch. Tracer is my main, but I only play her in high-impact maps such as Control but will switch off if I am countered.

1 Like

True, people don’t always switch. But I very rarely see one tricks. And I see people switch all the time.

I’m sure the vast majority switch and punishing them because of the handful of one tricks isn’t fair to the majority.

How does it punish people who flex? You can still flex just fine in roll queue.

Learn to play more than one or two heros… as OW was intended… not how YOU intended it to be…

1 Like

What point? They didn’t make the point of any character’s specific balance and you’re projecting your own view onto what they were actually trying to say.

The easy to play characters the wreck the lower ranks the community is heavily divided on. Good luck trying to explain to support players and lower tiered players that exploit the easy to play characters that they should be nerfed.

Defended one of you statements now i have to call you out on this one ROLE QUE WOULD SUCK people would be stuck to like 5 heros if you get a one trick you cant have another player pick up their slack and it becomes harder to build around them to fix it. This would also stop the ability to counter or atleast it would limit it super hard, Also you’re saying 2 2 2 the game would probably force you to get a defense hero on your team which isnt always great role que just either brings up too many problems or questions.

What game are you playing? People switch literally all the time. A single one trick doesn’t mean the entire team refuses to ever switch. A blanket statement of “people don’t switch” is so wildly narrow sighted and demonstrably false.

Nope, because it’s defined. What if we have a dva and a Rein already? There’s that 2 tank already. And I need to goto Winston to take care of that Widow in the back.

I have to convince a tank to get off then or to abandon my role I queued for.

And if people can just switch in game like Normal anyways, then that further means there is no need for roll queue.

By the amount of people who have replied to you who are adamantly or lukewarm against role queue you should redefine what “people are getting fed up” means.

What you personally want is far from a community consensus.

obviously abandoning the role could never be allowed or it breaks the whole thing.

You’d have to have different SR for each role, first of all, and if you do you can queue as your gold tank role and just swap to your GM DPS character and absolutely WRECK.

That’s why it’s just a bad idea all around to have it for sure.