We need an Official answer on One Tricking. 🎲

I never said they were hurting themselves or others, I said they were being selfish. Big difference.

We’re talking about comp, not QP. There are one tricks in every rank and it’s a problem everywhere, not just my SR/MMR.

It’s not hard to find 3-4 heroes that you like in Overwatch. At least learn a tank, DPS, and support character before entering comp and you’ll be fine.

As I said, this problem is everywhere. It’s in bronze all the way to GM.

I don’t love banning. I love not having selfish teammates in a team based game.

It looks to me like you took one look at my post and thought “He doesn’t like one tricks so that means he’s saying they hurt their SR by one tricking durrrrr”. when in reality, I just think it’s selfish, as many others do.

mostly for people to stop repeating the same thing and understand the actual issue

Haha, you can’t have certain rules apply to one gamemode and not the rest? Wow, for a second there I thought comp and QP worked the exact same way!

That says nothing about one tricking. That’s talking about “off meta heroes”. Playing an off meta hero does not equal throwing, I never said it was. I never said one tricking is throwing either, or gameplay sabotage, I said it was selfish.

Also, that system can be so easily abused it’s not even funny, anyone can blatantly throw a match and avoid a ban by saying “I tried my best!”.

Dude the title of the thread is literally “We need an official response on One Tricking”

And most people pointed out that we have an official response.

You see the correlation?

Another official answer? Could’ve sworn the 3-4 they’ve given were enough

well some people are, some people are just repeating “they gave u an answer though”

lol yes i know but thats not the only thing the post is about, which people would know if they read anything besides the title or watched the linked video.

The answer is easy. It’s not bannable. They have said it so many times. People are getting banned because other players are FALSE REPORTING. Blizzard has no way of knowing if a report is false. They will see you get reported for “griefing and being afk” and they will believe it because a lot of people are reporting it… They have NO way of knowing if it’s true or not.

the op makes it clear that the issue is that even though we do have an official responce that official response is not being enforced, the video op posted details all the issues please stop making me repeat myself.

people are ignoring this and keep saying “you got one though” yes we know we got one can we move on from that.

i never said jeff was on your speed dial lol, if you aren’t ignoring the actual content of the op i have zero issues with you.

people can argue that it doesn’t matter that the official answer is not being enforced, that would be fine, id just like people to talk about the actual issue, which issss, the official answer isn’t being enforced.

they totally do my dude, other games have answers to false reporting, overwatch should and can too.

its like you aren’t even reading what i say lol, its funny, not very productive though.

The report options have to be consistent, because then it results in people saying “Well why is it ok HERE and not THERE”, causing even further debate.

So yeah, if they’re only playing Genji, but still trying their hardest to win, you can’t report them. If they are actively trying to protect the healers or perform their role, they cannot be reported. It says it right there.

You tried to imply it was worthy of a ban, when it is in fact not, according to the in-game report options. Example:

So what is it? Do you want it to be reportable, and therefore bannable, or do you think that it’s fine and should not result in a ban?

If they are BLATANTLY not trying to win, and it is very obvious that they do so, then yes, you can report them. If they are obviously tilted and playing that hero and not swapping out of spite, then yes that is reportable. But if the person is calm and collected, and it looks like they are trying but maybe just are not very good, then you CAN’T report them. It’s a judgement call, but you have to be absolutely sure that they are intentionally losing before you try to report.

So what if it’s selfish as well? If selfish was a punishable offense then i would have every single DPS instalock at the beginning of the game banned. What if I wanted to play DPS? Did you think of that? But wait, then that makes me selfish…it becomes a politeness duel. “No you pic, I’ll fill!” “Oh no, please, after you good sir”. Then we just sit there for the entire time just waiting for SOMEONE to pick something. I’ve actually had games like this and it was so painful.

You don’t have to like playing with them, but having them get banned for it is ludicrous. Just avoid them at the end of the game, or wait 5 minutes before queueing etc.etc.

1 Like

People being banned is proof enough that they don’t. I know many symm streamers who have been suspended for false reports.

1 Like

oh i understand now

no they do dude, they just don’t care to use them

go check out Arrge’s youtube channel, he records all his games so theres proof that he hasn’t thrown and he still got a ban upheld, his most recent video talks about this

1 Like

People who demand others play what they want dare to talk about selfishness, how cute.

5 Likes

I’m not saying that one tricks are bad at their heroes or throwing their games. But if I get a Pharah one trick who’s getting annihilated by the enemy Widow and refuses to switch, you’d have to be pretty dull to think that Pharah is playing Overwatch the way it was meant to be played; not just for them, but for the 5 other people on their team as well.

1 Like

Lying is not an answer. As not answering my points.

Ranked is nothing more than QP with a number value assigned. There are no special rules for ranked, other than not to deliberately destroy the match in an obvious way. Picking the hero you like to play is NOT among these ways.

Sure, you may disapprove, but you are not the judge of how others will play the game. It is not in your jurisdiction, so to speak. I don’t care if you find it right or wrong, those people have the same right to decide what to play that you do. If they feel they don’t need to change their hero, then they should NOT. If that leads to a loss, well fine, their MMR will drop and since you apparently are a better player than them, you will win the next match and rise in MMR above them. But if you keep getting them at your MMR, then that means you are not really that great yourself and you are just looking for excuses for your own lack of ability.

Also, being selfish is more than fine. Selfish teamates exist in all teamgames and sports, even professional ones. Some selfish soccer players have been legendary in the past…

The thing with teamgames is that everyone is playing to have fun. But the definition of fun varies from person to person. If you don’t like what random strangers pick, then find a group to play.

Yeah, that is almost always the case. The hillarious part is they don’t see the contradiction themselves. They are extremely selfish, far more than the one tricks, because unlike the one trick people they do false report and attempt to BAN paying customers from a video game in order to have their way…

One tricking when you’re getting hard countered is feeding in my book.

provide an example of what you mean by “hard countered”

Symmetra is the “worst hero in the game,” huh? Is that so? I guess having a 60% wr with the “worst hero in the game” makes me a somewhat of an exception. Anyways, everyone’s opinions about Symmetra combined still doesn’t explain why I should be banned by an automated system that divvies out bans based on the multitude of reports coming in from a bunch of cry baby snitches.

Mate, you’re missing the point.
You are banned if you are reported a lot. You are reported a lot NOT for one tricking, but for playing some hero that don’t seem to work (according to your team mates) given the circumstances.
Mercy is almost always gonna work as a healer therefore seldom will be reported.
Widow is less likely to work. For example it might not work much to have Hanzo + Widow (that are not switching) as DPS vs a shield heavy enemy team, therefore the likelyhood of Widow to be reported is higher…
This is all there is to it, really…

1 Like