We need a soft lock in Barrier tanks please!

Here is a better idea: how about more barrier counters?

1 Like

Nah man, a lot of those are in the f tier since launch, they canā€™t buff those D:

And if we get this what then? 1 sniper only? Then after that 1 CC hero only?

2 Likes

Or you could just run bunker busters.

Symmetra, Junkrat, Hanzo.
Gods forbid - Bastion.

Further limiting options for tanks doesnā€™t fix double barrier. It just makes it so we canā€™t see it. I would much rather they find the cure instead of trying to mask the symptoms.

Whatā€™s the cure, though? Adding more barrier-busting heroes?

A lot of changes like ā€œbuff hero X to be good against two barriersā€ or ā€œadd more shield cracking heroesā€ directly affects the current issue of double barrier, which is great. For now.

What happens when you pick a single barrier tank and the other team runs these highly efficient shield-breaking comps?

LUL forum wanted a new shield main tank.
Meta shift to Orisa Sigma for Beta season.
Nerf shields please itā€™s op.

We need more barrier tanks that cant do so much whilst holding it up like Rein so stacking them is detrimental due to loss of damage output. The hard part is making that hero fun and engaging to play as well.

Orisa and Sigma have the bonus of very effective shields + high damage output from range AND ranged cc abilities so itā€™s no surprise they get played together.

Barrier soft-lock is a good idea but not yet due to lack of options. If we had 2-3 more off tanks it would be fine imo

Or you could get your team to pick a few shield breaker heroes.

Run Hog and Junkrat into double barrier and they tend to go away real fast.

1 Like

Luckily, Iā€™m not suggesting that we buff certain heroes to be good against two barriers. Any changes like that would just make play against single barriers like Rein/Zarya comps worse. Itā€™s essentially a similar problem to GOATS. The meta sucks, but any nerfs to the problem heroes in those metas would end up being too harsh of a nerf outside of that specific comp.

Iā€™m not sure what exactly needs to happen - it would honestly be easier if we had access to 3-2-1 comps since I feel they would be able to better open up comps like these, but we donā€™t have that. It also doesnā€™t help that the heroes that can do well against this type of comp - like Sym and Doomfist - are heroes that people want nerfed.

The next best thing wouldnā€™t exactly be a quick and easy cure, but I think it would be a good point to start off, at least - and thatā€™s to just bring some of the heroes hurt by GOATS back up, tanks in particular. The two heroes that really came to mind were Lucio and D.Va. Lucio so he can better bring that Rein brawl up in their face where the Orisa/Sigma combo is weaker; and D.Va to help eat some of the damage that Orisa and Sigma can both dish out. Not sure on exactly how to buff D.Va, though. Maybe give her 2.5s or 3s on DM or bring the CD down to 1.5 instead of 2? Some sort of partial revert to the nerfs DM has gotten in the past so itā€™s more reliable against the sustain damage Orisa/Sig deal, but without getting a full revert. In any case, I just feel a lot of the nerfs during GOATS were a lot like the nerfs people are suggesting to double barrier - they were needed at the time for the pros, sure, but outside of GOATS, those nerfs really werenā€™t needed.

1 Like

Blizzard literally wants to enforce double shield meta, will not happen.

1 Like

It wasnt. thats the thing.
The developers already said, on interviews, that 4-5 DPS is the MOST RARE composition percentage wise on competitive. So yeah, no :rofl:

1 Like

Iā€™d rather have a soft lock on snipers, so whenever one DPS picks Widowmaker, Hanzo or Ashe (if you donā€™t like to call her a potential sniper, remove her from this list), the other DPS player cannot pick a sniper anymore.
Iā€™ll honestly take double shield anytime over double sniper.

1 Like

Really? For me, I always switch to Sombra and focus entirely on WM than hack the tank or Lucio. At the match making level I play at, it is quite a fair match up in Sombra VS Widowmaker. I donā€™t vs those godly WM that can flick HS you even at close range.

Lul. Thereā€™s already shortage of tank players and you want it to be more restrictive? Just lawl.

Btw hereā€™s the problem:

Rein/Orisa/Sigma/Winston/Zarya (no itā€™s called barrier not bubble): have barrier.

So you want only ball/Dva and hog as the other option?

1 Like

Maybe barrier tanks should get tuned to be more defensive tanks and, by the way, should do less range damages so you donā€™t have the cake and eat it too.

It brings a tear to my eye that barriers are an issue. No longer to we play in the days that we would pray for a barrier. Why do we want this changed?

Lmao. So youā€™re not too satisfied with 2-2-2, gotta make it 1-1-1-1-1-1 for the FULL balance mode, huh?

like I said in an old post of my, lol

1 Like

2-2-2 didnā€™t make me win more pls blitz fix asap.

1 Like