We need a soft lock in Barrier tanks please!

Counter picks in Overwatch. What a crazy concept :open_mouth:

1 Like

I don’t buy it, personally. Granted, I don’t play Competitive, but I’ve seen nothing of the sort in Quick Play. One Barrier, sure - most of the time. Two barriers? Sometimes, and easily dealt with. Orisa herself is pretty good at shooting down enemy barriers, as is hog, as is Soldier.

I don’t put much stock in “the meta” either way, because I also rarely saw Goats, or Jump before it. Maybe that’s a problem in high-rank competitive, but I’d rather not let high-rank competitive dictate game balance.

They aren’t going to do some sort of one barrier tank lock. It would be even more complicated than role queue is.

I think they should slightly nerf the rate that shields regenerate at when they aren’t being used. Maybe increase the CD on Orisa’s shield by another second as well. This would help make the game less about endlessly shooting shields without gutting any of the Tanks.

I do play comp (and only comp) and this is pretty much my experience.

It can be incredibly frustrating if you play right into their strategy but aside from that it isn’t that strong. I been dismantling double barrier comps with Glee with WB the past 2 weeks.

It’s used but its kinda a “Not sure what to run so this should be fine”.

Right, and that’s my point. Double barrier is incredibly tough if the other team plays into it, but it’s also very easy to collapse so spectacularly that the double barrier team either have to switch or lose very quickly. I’ve won and lost more games by swapping heroes than I have by actually playing well - mostly because I’m not actually very good :slight_smile:

Double barrier works against a team of snipers and long-range DPS, but helps very little once you start getting jumped. I’ve actually seen a lot of Jump comps in Quick Play of late - a lot of Tracer, Genji, Doomfist, Winston, etc. I try to do double barrier when I can just because it makes the rest of the team safer, but I’ve had it simply not work more of then than it has.

Obviously Quick Play is a bit of a crapshoot, but a single decent jump hero can cause enough disruption to collapse your defensive line, at which point re-establishing the bunker gets pretty hard.

1 Like

Idk man, this reminds me of something Jeff said… I could be drunk, but it was something like this:

Hmmm…

4 Likes

Right? IDK why people want this … the solution is simple, just switch to triple DPS and then you get aro …

… oh wait :rofl:

Yeah the problem is, that Triple DPS is a LEGIT comp and just as viable as 2/2/2 but well … now people will see it how it is.

1 Like

Im not exatly against triple dps. It is not my favored comp, but if the dps match(all of them are fast dps or all of them are slower/ bursty dps), it could be a fun match. When it was a “oh, idc for team comp, ill pick McCree while my team is fast paced/ i’ll pick Tracer in a slow paced team” it was irritating, but bareable.

The REAL problem was the 4+ dps. And it was WAAAAAAYYYY too common for its own good.

I’m not sire this is the best way to go tbh.

Best thing to do is introduce different types of tanks and other DPS that can counter the barriers somehow.

And maybe do some slight changes to Symmetra

Keep the tanks, STOP NERFING SYM BLIZZARD!

You try too hard . . .

Here is a better idea: how about more barrier counters?

1 Like

Nah man, a lot of those are in the f tier since launch, they can’t buff those D:

And if we get this what then? 1 sniper only? Then after that 1 CC hero only?

2 Likes

Or you could just run bunker busters.

Symmetra, Junkrat, Hanzo.
Gods forbid - Bastion.

Further limiting options for tanks doesn’t fix double barrier. It just makes it so we can’t see it. I would much rather they find the cure instead of trying to mask the symptoms.

What’s the cure, though? Adding more barrier-busting heroes?

A lot of changes like “buff hero X to be good against two barriers” or “add more shield cracking heroes” directly affects the current issue of double barrier, which is great. For now.

What happens when you pick a single barrier tank and the other team runs these highly efficient shield-breaking comps?

LUL forum wanted a new shield main tank.
Meta shift to Orisa Sigma for Beta season.
Nerf shields please it’s op.

We need more barrier tanks that cant do so much whilst holding it up like Rein so stacking them is detrimental due to loss of damage output. The hard part is making that hero fun and engaging to play as well.

Orisa and Sigma have the bonus of very effective shields + high damage output from range AND ranged cc abilities so it’s no surprise they get played together.

Barrier soft-lock is a good idea but not yet due to lack of options. If we had 2-3 more off tanks it would be fine imo

Or you could get your team to pick a few shield breaker heroes.

Run Hog and Junkrat into double barrier and they tend to go away real fast.

1 Like