We need a 5v5 experimental ASAP

I’m concerned about the changes, but am willing to try them, given that I liked 1/3/2 on all roles. The problem is that by the time OW2 releases a few decades later, it’ll be far too late to go back on this.

14 Likes

ASAP would be bad. 1-2-2 clearly requires a lot of rebalancing they haven’t done yet. Giving people access to something when it’s unfinished will not make the people who dislike it change their minds. If anything it would do the opposite.

I understand that OW2 is still likely far off and it’s painful to have to keep waiting, but releasing something too early often has worse consequences.

10 Likes

I would actually like this so we can see how good or bad it is first hand. Sadly they might not have the time to do such an exp.

2 Likes

That’s exactly why it has to be ASAP. It needs to be done while there’s still time to change the direction of the game.

The devs keep justifying their changes based on the feel of the game, which probably means that the current iteration is sufficient for demonstrating that. There’s also precedent for having bold, cheesy experimentals like 1/3/2 or 1CP. People will have polarized kneejerk reactions, but it’s better to have slightly informed ones than completely baseless ones.

4 Likes

As much as I would love getting a 5v5 Expiremental card tomorrow… looking at how 1-3-2 went with its half-baked semi-reworks of the Tanks… I’d rather just wait until they’re done.

Plus, it sounds like they’re 100% set on 5v5. So… why put it up on the Expiremental card if they already know they’re implementing it 100%

All putting it up early would do is give people a bad impression of an unfinished product that will be entirely different by the time it comes out anyways. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

All of this could have been done on the current version but I guess they are just desperate to have anything new for OW2.

1 Like

You’re delusional if you would look at people’s response and think they could have gotten away with doing it halfway through the game’s lifespan.

A rushed product is a bad product. This is not a matter of “slightly informed” vs “not informed.” Releasing something that has not undergone the changes it needs will simply provide false impressions to the users and can make things significantly worse. I have been part of prerelease software testing before. The unfinished parts are always the subject of much complaint, and when the those testing the product do not understand that the current state of the product does not reflect the end product, it does not end well.

1 Like

You are the delusional one here m8. You have been advocating blizzard for pretty much anything even when it is blatantly wrong.

It happened with 321. But the devs kind of knew 1 tank was inevitable anyways, so… now we are going down the 5v5 rabbit hole instead.

Attacking me does not make your point any less weak, friendo.

It was definitely scuffed but more than enough to get a sense of overall vibes, which is the point here. It’d be different for a permanent arcade mode, but for an experimental that would end before people could properly optimize the meta, that’d be perfectly fine.

Precisely because it is 100%, and it shouldn’t be that high without external playtests.

1-3-2 had a lot of mixed reactions specifically because it wasn’t fully balanced, and also had a lot of extra pressure on the tank player due to the extra damage players on the teams. Their plan for 5v5 is not simply to remove a hero from the game, it’s to rebalance the purpose of the roles. Things like removing CC from damage heroes is a vital part of making it work.

There were several heroes outright disabled in the OW2 PVP demo because they need reworks/changes to work in a 5v5 environment. There’s no way it’s ready for an Experimental card.

Why not though? Is the response going to change from now until people actually get used to it?

One could say that about the stream.

Besides, there’s precedent for doing so, with the playable blizzcon demo a while back, as well as the 1/3/2 and 1CP experimentals. I’d argue that it’s no worse than what we have happening right now.

See who is talking

1 Like

Then keep them disabled? The whole point is to get a feel for the experience that led the devs to go down this route.

The whole idea is that people are more receptive to huge sweeping changes when it’s a new game, which absolutely makes logical sense. So if this is the current reaction, then it would be virtually impossible for them get away with it if they tried to release it now.

You are familiar with ad hominem, right? There was an actual point nestled with my insult bud.

That si fair, but I still think giving the product to people to play with will do more harm than good. As of now, they’ve explicitly stated multiple times on the stream that this is all highly experimental and unfinished. If they were to give it out, I can assure you people would not understand that.

We already have an inordinate number of people who can’t even grasp basics such as OW2 being a free upgrade and complain endlessly about something as silly as being called a sequel. I certainly would not expect people to provide reasonable, level headed feedback on something completely unfinished that’s missing tons of significant balance changes.

The 1-3-2 experimental was released solely because they admitted it was a failed experiment, and simply wanted people to give it a shot. Worst case scenario is people got some small amusement from it at nearly zero effort from their end (all under the assumption such a thing wouldn’t go live). At best they get valuable feedback from those who did like it, and much of that likely went into the decisions for 5v5.