We live in a world where waiting 12mins to play a game is acceptable

12mins warm up everyone game is a little excessive. I’m not trying to get into OWL. I don’t warm up anyway, hence me being gold. If I play to properly I’m around 2800, if I want to enjoy the game and not get stressed out, I’m 2300.

I’m more willing to wait 12mins for a dps game than waiting 2min for a support or 10sec for a tank game.

I was once a support main, I don’t want to play support anymore.

Correction:
“We live in a world where the players find it acceptable to stick with the one role that has the highest que rates instead of switching to one of the other two that would drastically lower those wait times. We’re aware we selfishly won’t switch, and are fine with it, but will complain regardless despite being a community problem”.

3 Likes

But it is not a bug, it is a change that was put in place for the health of the game. If you don’t like playing the tank or support role well then I get it. Maybe Overwatch isn’t your cup of tea.

And then you get to choose from a long list of one hero to play!

2 Likes

Preach! I cringe every time I am pulled into the arcade’s QPC or Open Role Queue Competitive. The general attitudes and the comps played there exactly match your description, yet for some reason quite a few people enjoy wasting their time thrashing around in those hellish modes. It baffles me to no end.

Give me the better matches only Role Queue can provide, I have no problem waiting for a quality match. I do have a problem when I have to wait for a good match that may never come by first playing through the BS experience that Arcade provides.

2 Likes

If that’s normal and OK for you I feel for you dude. I grew up at time when you buy a game and play it however the **** you want.

If you’re spending your valuable free time doing what others think you should be not what you want to be, I hope things change. That’s not healthy. It’s your experience. Experience it the way you want to.

It’s not that there aren’t enough players. It’s that there’s not enough players choosing Tank specifically in an equal ratio to the abundance of Damage players.

The fix is to keep Competitive Open Queue and split that abundance of Damage players.

If you want Role Queue then you accept the wait time. If you’re happy to play with any composition then you play Open Queue.

1 Like

A luxury I can’t afford. Time is important to me and I have a limited amount of it. I just want to enjoy the game or an hour or so in an evening. If it goes that way, the game will lose the full time employed, which pulls huge revenues out of the game.

It doesn’t solve the problem at all…

2 Likes

No, bugs get fixed.

That’s exactly my point. It was my cup of tea, then they changed the recipe.

Oh, remember, it’s “not a big deal”, because “you’re just supposed to watch YT or Netflix”, every time you want to play a video game.

I mean, that makes total sense, right? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I don’t know how you won that lottery. I triple queue all the time, and its 74% tank, 25% healer, 1% dps.

Maybe they should make the in demand rewards better? Something like exclusive skins for every time you queue for that role, and maintain an endorsement level of 3 or higher?

1 loot box, and 25 credits afterwards means nothing when you have all the unlocks.

1 Like

I have 400+ unopened loot boxes :slight_smile:

I don’t know how you live like that? I hate it when I see an indicator in my email that I have at least one unread message (not that I have read it). Then I see a coworker with 700 of those indicators. lol

1 Like

I’m that coworker and trust me coworkers feel just like you. I was screen sharing on thursday, they were horrified. :slight_smile:

The problem is that half of the heroes people want to play are all locked into a mere 1/3rd of the selectable roles. What if the devs reworked some of the DPS heroes into tanks and supports, so that all three rosters were populated equally? Or, assuming the likely popularity of the heroes isn’t divided equally, just rework a few of the most popular ones and move them into the needed roles? Sure, they might lose some of their mains, but many will likely move on to queuing into the needed role change to continue playing their favorite heroes.

This is a FPS people don’t play heroes based on their favorites. This game is about hero swapping and counters. If you are playing because of favorites or who you “identify” with well then wait 20 minutes for a game. I don’t know what to tell you. The support and tank heroes have variety find some you like and get almost insta ques.

“FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOM!”

That’s great and all, but it doesn’t change the fact that it’s a player created problem. The great news is, while no - you can’t “play it however the **** you want” in a competitive shooter, you can play whichever role you like. Just got to accept the consequences of picking the role that also has the longest line.

The playerbase has shrunk so much that the algorithm for matchmaking needs 10+ minutes to find a game. When you get into a game, it’s probably imbalanced. Overwatch is in a really sad state right now.