We live in a world where waiting 12mins to play a game is acceptable

Did you know...

…there’s a role you can select that gets you into a game instantly?

3 Likes

I haven’t played in a while due to an injury, can’t you just spend that time warming up in Deathmatch?

I mean you’re SUPPOSED to warm up in deathmatch anyway, especially if you’re Damage.

I’m such a forum noob I don’t even know how to quote someone. lol

Matchmaking takes into account secret criteria, which in my opinion are largely useless and damage the competitive aspect of the game.

If these mechanisms were switched off, the waiting times would be acceptable again. (around 2 minutes on all roles)
Other games do not do such strange things in matchmaking either.

Many players have stopped playing, so this effect of long waiting times, which is actually caused by faulty matchmaking, is now much stronger.

A solution could be simple but painful for the developers.

…there’s a role you can select that gets you into a game instantly? > Blockquote

In a game where I’m already forced to do what others want. I have my limits. I tend to prioritise enjoyment over playing a hero I don’t want to play for the sake of playing.

Don’t get me wrong my Ana/Moira play and my Zar/Rein play is far better than my general DPS play, I’ve played those heroes so much. However, I play for fun and variety is the spice of life.

3 Likes

I see that you are new to the forums, based on both your post count and your attempts to quote people. So, WELCOME TO THE OVERWATCH FORUMS! We’re lucky to have you!

To quote someone, simply press and hold LMB while highlighting the things you want to quote. After you highlight the area and depress the LMB, you will see a little “Quote” box come up. Press that button. Voila! The parts of the post you highlighted will come up in a reply box as a quote.

For other tips and tricks on how to use this forum, I recommend this thread:

2 Likes

I am always queueing for all three roles which results in playing tank most games, occasionally heals and maybe one out of hundred games damage. I guess you can imagine how limited my pool of often played heroes looks like. It’s almost as if 2/3 of the roster simply does not exist.

2 Likes

So true, don’t forget since tank has the highest impact on the game (well rein does at least), they have the highest pressure to perform.

In top 500, games are decided on who has the better master tanks or if they get a t500 rein god. T500 games has become a game of ‘avoid the worse tanks to win’, now I am not t500, but it is hilarious to see this happen on t500 streams.

Even the super positive streamers like Kabaji,Fareeha scream/ get very passive aggressive at bad master tanks due to how much carry potential they have lol

1 Like

the devs have acknoledged it’s a problem and are working on trying to fix it.
While it isn’t optimal yet, it is still better than the game without role q. So pretty much the lesser evil.

In the new server, I wait this time to play a bad arcade game :grinning:

That would actually increase queue times, since the player base would be split between two different Competitive modes.

1 Like

It’s never been acceptable.

The queue times are how I ended up reading/posting on the forums more. @.@

(Like right now.)

2 Likes

Were you born yesterday or something? This is nothing new… DotA & League have had even longer queue times for years…

DoTA and League only have long queue times at very high MMR. They don’t have long queue times at GOLD.

There games are very long. It is easier to wait 5 mins for a 30 min game compared to 10 mins for a 10 min game.

1 Like

I would imagine, they have more people working on OW2 than fixing the game I bought. I’m not a ermergerd game broken person, but when I have to wait 1000% longer for a game than at launch I believe that to be game breaking and high priority to fix. Particularly if pros are leaving OWL because of it.

My fix. Don’t introduce a seperate Comp Q and split the player base, really really don’t split the player base.

how about open queue with 2-2-2 still intact, make it whoever picks their role fast enough in the hero select menu lol

1 Like

Play a tank or support. Problem solved!~

1 Like

Not to the players, but it is in the game so to the devs it’s acceptable.

Role Q was great, but there must be so few people actually playing this game if it takes 10 minutes to find 11 other people vaguely in my skill level to play with. I have bronze to diamond in my games… they are scraping the barrel.

It’s either role que and wait, or no role que and enjoy the sh*tshow that follows.

I’d rather wait. I can understand if people don’t want to. But people need to be more realistic.

3 Likes