We got a response on Mercy

Ahhh okay. Thank you very much. Kind of a shame to hear. IMO her ult needs some work.

Yes.

But i need to make this one thing clear: This doesnā€™t make me happy with her current state. Neither that does mean itā€™s okay for anyone to try and silence me by saying ā€œMercy is fine, stop complainingā€ or something similar.

I donā€™t care if they are not going to change Mercy based on feedback. I donā€™t care if they are not responding. I only care if someone is trying to tell me that it is wrong to have discussion about Mercy. I only care if someone tells me that i cant have opinion about it.

Just wanted to get this off my chest.

3 Likes

The question is what can they do to make her ā€œmore funā€ without disrupting her current balance? And what about her current kit makes her so much more unfun than she was before her rework?

Iā€™m not singling you out or anything like that, and keep in mind that I havenā€™t dug around the megathread for these answers. But as someone who does play a fair bit of Mercy myself, I simply donā€™t see what the outrage is about.

Shrug

Wasnā€™t really expecting anything elseā€¦ well, aside from possibly a nerf. I guess thereā€™s still time for that.

I will never like having rez on E, itā€™s just too powerful while still being an absolute kill-joy to perform. And I really wish they could go in a more unique direction with Valk than the ā€œjust hold the beam somewhereā€. I know it wonā€™t happen anytime soon. Itā€™s not a deal breaker for me anyway, Iā€™m more concerned about the toxicity the game seems to attract.

1 Like

Iā€™ve mentioned it many times, but honestly, does it matter why I like what I like? I donā€™t expect other people to share or really understand my view, still feel how I feel.

Disrupting the balance is definitely an issue. I donā€™t really have a good answer on how to do changes that wonā€™t mess it up. But I donā€™t want changes anymore. I donā€™t play competitive and I am totally fine with playing a casual mode with Mercy 1.0 that wonā€™t affect balance.

And btw, there is a lot more Brigitte posts during last week or so than there has been Mercy posts during past month. These forums are suffocating to Brigitte posts these days. Itā€™s really hard to talk about anything else here when every second post is about Brigitte.

Tell me, what topic is bad for these forums again and should be cleaned up to allow room for other topics?

And the best way to stop flooding the forums with mercy related posts is to make a post about mercy? Letā€™s just leave it be. We all knew they were happy with the changes.

I dunno why people feel that she is unfun, when she is does way more now than she did before she became ā€œunfunā€ā€¦ I think the complaints are absurd.
That being said, I would like to see her Dual-Wield, so she always has her Pistol out. Staff in the off hand. Shift to swap between healing and Damage Boosting. That way she can try to defend herself while still doing her job.
Thatā€™s about all I think she could use, but otherwise, her kit and her play style are better than ever, and balanced.