We don’t deserve the devs/community managers

Mods are affiliated with Blizzard, but Blizzard don’t care about mods, also don’t forget that it is something the community manager should have brought for to Blizzard that moderation is more about a personal agenda than actually moderating the forums, but hey how crappy they get paid

They do EVERYTHING to make it the opposite? I’d expect this is hyperbole, but c’mon mannnn. OW is currently in its most balanced state ever.

If you’re talking about the changes to OW2 even if they kept the same formula of 6v6 there would still be a ton of complaints and players talking about the devs are the worst. At this point if someone who feels that way is still playing it’s on them instead of moving on.

1 Like

I agree in some respects, but I would not say they deserve any applause for doing what they’re employed to do, especially because compared to other game developers they do not accomplish anything above and beyond.

I will say that teams such as the art team, presentation team and sound design team are fantastic, and the voice actors for overwatch have my infinite respect.

However, on the same coin, we have been shorted news and information forever up to this point. While It is amazing all of the communication we have gotten recently, the pitiful drought of anything at all for pretty much a whole year bar blizzcon was not only unacceptable but also made many people walk off the game entirely.

And as far as dealing with toxicity, I would argue the complete opposite that blizzard had dealt with it well; if anything, I would say it has broken them. I’m not saying I blame them, but they have done very little communication, at times take focus off developing the game, and even outright do not put in very basic and helpful gameplay features just for the sake of decreasing toxicity.

I do think the team can be underrated at times, and some people treat them unacceptably, but I would also not race to say we “don’t deserve them”.

2 Likes

Most balanced??? Are you joking??

It’s unbelievably unbalanced. Also saying its in its most balanced state isnt saying much when the game has NEVER been balanced.

Rein zarya mccree dominate every game and the nerfs they get wont do a damn thing.

2 Likes

You are actually saying the opposite of what you mean. :rofl:
They are getting paid (earning millions of dollars) by doing their job. That’s all.

I meant what I said

:neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face::yawning_face::yawning_face::yawning_face:

I respect your appreciation for devs and all others. And I’ll agree that sometimes people are too toxic towards them.

But I’d also say they leave us scrambling in the dark plenty.

Im literally the only one in my school who plays overwatch no cap

Are we supposed to be happy when they make changes that ruin the game for us? Sorry but last thing in the world I wanted for OW was less players in a match, I’ll continue to complain and won’t stop until its changed.

1 Like

you cant say something about them ruining the game for “us”, implying a group of people are upset, and ramble about how you individually are upset about the changes

saying that x doesn’t deserve y and y doesn’t deserve x are the same thing.

Us means more than just me, you think I’m the only one yelling about 5v5? Sorry but just because you don’t fit into us doesn’t mean there’s excessive amounts of people that are unhappy. I’m not going to start saying us minus AidanEXE.

I know others are upset, but what you should have done was elaborate about how the overwatch community as a whole was upset about 5v5, instead of just complaining about how you personally dislike this.

I’m not going to document what other people are saying and write it into a thesis, I’m here to tell Blizzard what they are doing for OW is ruining it for me.

Nah mate I don’t like them

That is right we don’t deserve them… we deserve better ones who actually care about the game and not just OWL.

2 Likes

If you’re trying to say that balancing shouldn’t be based around OWL…

Not just balancing but resources as well.

2 Likes

Yes sir, people really think the bare minimum is good enough and that we should be more grateful :joy:
I won’t be grateful until they fix my heroes bugs that have plagued him for 4 YEARS… (well polished game lol)
“We’re too ungrateful” get outta here with that bs.
The battlefront 2 devs turned their game around and made it way better within a year or 2 whilst OW devs haven’t, prime example of good devs vs bad ones.

3 Likes

Good to know. I’m trying to go with neutral pronouns till I know otherwise

1 Like