[Wave Broadband] Connection Issues & Timeout on Login

I am glad found this post, I have same connection issue since 8/12. My ISP is Wave.

Similar issue for me. I’m in the northwest region and have Wave Broadband. I’m getting error code LC-202. The strange thing when i tried my mobile hotspot and that didn’t work but my roommate got it working on his mobile hotspot.

Related to Wave =/= caused by Wave. As @damnvoices said.

Wave user from Redmond, WA (Seattle region) here.

Just got off tech support and seems like they don’t have anything flagged in their bulletin board yet. I recommend reaching out to them and giving them a call to flag about this, and ask them if they could partner with Blizzard on identifying the issue.

Searching downdetector shows a huge spike in reported outage and has a map of where everyone is reporting from. Open a blizzard support ticket and send them your traceroutes.

1 Like

I’m also using Wave. I can only get inside the game by using VPN and not using the Battle.net login. Obviously no one in the house can login to Over watch either. No Blizzard games work. What a surprise… Luckily for me I’m an IT guy and already had VPN. I feel bad for all the other folks that have to scramble around. Friggin blizz… stop making customers do your troubleshooting and get off the high horse and get your hands dirty. You guys barely help customers and I don’t care what your “metrics” say. Get on this and fix this cuz you really need customers on your side at this point.

I use NWOnline and having the same issue.

Wave Broadband user in Bay Area, CA. Can’t connect to the game at all.

Waiting to see how quickly this gets resolved, because I don’t really want to go sign up/configure a VPN just to play the game right now.

Still waiting on a proper resolution. ProtonVPN was relatively easy to set up, free, no credit card info required.

There’s definitely more latency but not as bad as I was expecting for a free VPN.

Hey everybody,

We appreciate all the reports thus far. We’ve opened an internal ticket on our end to see if there’s anything we can do to help. We can’t currently promise anything, since we’re not sure where the failure is and we only have so much power over ISP connections, so keep in mind that the message Kershew sent is still the best wisdom for this problem. Please use a VPN or alternate network such as a Mobile Hotspot to connect for now, and contact your ISP to let them know about the problem. They should be able to work with us to fix any peering issues.

For some further clarification, this appears to be affecting players in the northwestern US (Washington, Oregon, California) - on any ISP that uses Wave Broadband nodes to reach us. There are a number of smaller ISPs which are having the issue.

We don’t consider alternate connections a fix, just a work around, but either your ISP or we should be able to get whatever peering issue is causing this fixed. We appreciate your patience in the mean time.

Please note: You should avoid all types of competitive play while this issue is being worked on. We do not reimburse rating or remove leaver penalties for connectivity issues.

I assume you’ll be issuing refunds for the game if the issue can’t be fixed? Using a hotspot or a vpn is only a solution for allowing you to connect to the game server. We’re then all stuck with high latency if we actually try to play the game. Not ok.

Oh yeah, because court means servers get messed up…

In downtown Seattle, on Wave broadband, seeing the same issue since I got home from travel yesterday (14 Aug) on both Overwatch & WoW (just FYI, that it is both game server entry points) - at least for me to the Central servers - a Trace Route to the West Coast server looked ok…

My partner and I are having this exact problem too

I am here in California and having this same problem while using wave. Please blizz fix this as I cannot play overwatch or wow. I should not need to get a VPN to play your games:(

Same here, I have Wave in Central California.

I tried everything restarting modem / Router . Reinstalled several times.

Stuck at Entering Game.

yes. this has been happening to me all day and i have no clue on how to fix it

Call your wave provider and tell them to re-configure the port security. That is what they did for me and it fixed all connection issues.

2 Likes

Can confirm. I’m able to play without a VPN now.

This worked for me as Well, Thanks for your post.