Wait... If lootboxes and more are going away August 30

If that goes through, I have slight hopes for a battle pass that doesn’t expire

What’s nice is that playstation is basically building their own game pass.

So it becomes a lot harder to argue that Microsoft wouldn’t have competitors.

Well, Microsoft is buying Overwatch.

And Halo Infinite’s paid battlepass does not expire at the end of the season.

More female/POC characters?

No just for the people who are living under the stone that they dont come and complain that they bought 100 loot boxes and they did not know that OW2 comes around and you can buy new skins directly.

We will have more details coming soon, but basically, we will be stopping the sale of Loot Boxes from all of our platforms at the end of this seasonal event. Once this event is over, you can still earn standard loot boxes by playing the game until we launch Overwatch 2 on October 4th.

20 Likes

Might be too much to ask but, are skins going to be unvaulted for ow2? Like prior challenge skins, event skins etc

1 Like

Please let this not be another “Dry Content August”

So hoping on those More Details now.

1 Like

I wonder if that means you might be sorting out cross-progression stuff before Oct. 4th.

Since I’m sure that won’t be 100% seamless without issues.

1 Like

Hi Craig please could you tell us if mouse and keyboard support is on the horizon for console players?

Especially since it seems like that’s already a thing for Xbox, but limited only to crossplay with PC teammates.

You’d think it would be easy to just allow it generally, but have it force those console users into the PC queue.

Which is what a lot of other games do, I.e. Fortnite and Halo MCC.

Yeah already wondering if Bans are gonna be included in cross progression.

Which I am prepared for just in case.

Almost makes you wonder if they are gonna prop up the popularity of OW1 by having OW1 go F2P on September 1st.

To help it carry-on for a bit longer until October 4th. And to just kinda warm up the hype machine.

1 Like

I think its very good

They are going to launch bone dry if they don’t

Yeah, feels like driving a car with barely any gasoline left in the tank, and just trying to barely make it to the gas station.

But if they had a spare few gallons to work with. Like a friend arriving with a gas tank. That’d make all the difference.

1 Like

Please hearing a lot of competition coming out with stuff around the last week of August.

They need to be loud or they will just be back ground noise.

But then how would those users ever leave Gold?

1 Like

Heh, well I think they gotta be more worried about this.

Which I’m not sure if it’s Overwatch trying to crush Gundam, or Gundam trying to ride the Overwatch hype wave with a competitor product.

Since they are bound to get a ton of free journalism comparing the two, if that’s their approach.

Honestly concerned about Blizz market team

1 Like