Voice chat not working

Issue: Voice chat does not work. I can join, for example, team chat but cannot hear anyone or speak to them. The game shows me as being muted or not having a mic, I am unable to unmute. I also do not see players’ names showing up if they are speaking. When I join a voice chat, the text that usually shows up (“You have joined Team Chat. There are x people in this chat.”) does not show up.

Please help.

1 Like

I’m having the exact same issue. I wrote a support ticket but i havent been able to fix the problem yet.

Hey gang!

Sorry to hear you’re having issues with your voice chat in Overwatch… have you reviewed the troubleshooting recommended in this article?

Overwatch Voice Chat Not Working

In particular, the detail of getting into the chat but being perma-muted makes me think your network configuration may be blocking some portions of the voice service.

With the voice chat tech we’re using, it’s very important to configure your Windows software firewall, because voice chat is transmitted over some specific ports. It’s important to configure TCP as well as UDP ports for Overwatch. You can refer to this article for instructions:

Configuring Router and Firewall Ports

Some special instructions not included in the article…

After selecting the TCP radio button, copy-paste the following line for the Specific Local Port field:

80, 443, 1119

After finishing the TCP rule, make a new rule following the steps, but select UDP instead of TCP. Then, for those Specific Local Ports, copy-paste this:

3478-3479, 5060, 5062, 6250, 12000-64000

Then finish the steps and retry the game!

Thank you this solved my issue