Voice Chat not working

So this has been going on for about a week where my in-game voice chat is not working at all. I use push to talk and I press my push to talk button, but my voice icon on the top left doesn’t appear. I can hear the sound of it, but it does not appear on the top left. Also, I can’t hear other people when they talk, but I can see their icon appear.

I have tried everything to fix this problem, but nothing seems to be working. Also, this is only a problem with Overwatch as I can perfectly talk on Discord.

These steps may help resolve your issues. Step 2 is very important and often fixes most player’s issues.

Adding onto the voice chat article!

If there’s been a recent Windows 10 Update as well on Version 1803 (Build 17134), check the Privacy settings. Go to Start Menu > Settings > Privacy > Microphone and make sure apps are allowed access to the microphone.

Clearing the Settings folder in Documents\Overwatch can help at times as well.

I did what you said and nothing works.

StaticXV,

If what Caterpepi mentioned didn’t fix it, can you update your sound drivers? We’ve seen some situations where old Realtek drivers are blocking voice chat lately, but updating them fixes it.

If you’re still having trouble after this troubleshooting, please generate a text copy of your DxDiag using these instructions. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post and put four tilde (~) marks in front of it. It’ll look like this when you’re done:

DXDiag goes here

This had no effect. The microphone works fine within the launcher mic test, but not in the game itself.

@Tabbulus
As you’re still having issues, please be sure to post the requested DxDiag report. We’ll also want information on your audio setup such as headset, mic, or any other additional audio equipment you may have connection.

I think it is firewall antivirus don’t access blizzards servers

I’m having the same problem. I tried both things and it still doesn’t work. I have a Bose QuietComfort 35 and am using Bluetooth. When I press my PTT button, I hear the sound that plays when u press your PTT button, but the icon in the top-left showing I’m talking doesn’t display. I know it’s not my headphones because when I disconnect them and use my laptop’s mic, it still doesn’t work. I have a Razer Blade 14.