Voice chat needs to be compulsory for competitive

Share it all you want, doesn’t change the fact that, as I pointed out previously, the claims they make are fallacious.

Communication is essential in any team-based game.

Ya know, for something so essential, there sure are a lot of us doing fine without it

4 Likes

That’s a very selfish statement to make considering this is a team based game.

But, if you want to play that game, there’s a lot doing fine with it too.

Still doesn’t change the fact that by choosing to not join team chat you are disadvantaging the rest of your team because you’re showing them you have zero interest in working with the team.

It’s throwing. Plain and simple.

I used to play with voice chat, but I turned off off after a string of negative experiences. I very quickly went from low plat to high plat.

I’m now GM/top 500 on support, and almost GM on tank, all without ever using voice comms. I utilize the in-game callouts well (ult status, group with me, etc.) And I make good decisions because I learned to make them myself. I don’t have to rely on other people to make them for me.

If I can climb so high without having voice comms with my teammates, then so can you.

3 Likes

There’s a literal deaf OW streamer in Twitch who JOINS voice chat even though he can’t possibly hear anything, and got to GM using the ingame communication tools. Joining voice chat is simply a form of courtesy, SHOW that you care. If someone’s toxic, mute them. If you don’t care about anyone because they’re all spewing rubbish, THEN mute them, or quit the chat. Going into a game straight up with no voice chat severely gimps you AND the team.

Honestly, if someone deaf even joins VC, what the flying duck are you totally healthy human beings acting so sensitive for. Be grateful you can even hear people, some people just can’t.

Recently I haven’t been speaking in VC because I’m getting burnt with people simply talking trash, but I STILL have it on in the cases where people genuinely use it for communication. The mute button exist for a reason.

Cripes, i feel personally attacked!
But, on a serious note, I am advocating to join voice chat, I’ve just stated reasons why some people don’t, that’s their choice, whatever the reason, it’s got nothing to do with me.

Besides, with all the complaints about long queue times ay the moment, why are people asking to cut the player pool down even further by enforcing “VC or no comp!”?

With the random captilized words, you’re not a Fifi alt are you? You guys seem to be the only two who have an issue with my post. /shrug.

I’m not as selfish as you, though.

I do 2 things at the start of every match - pick my hero and join team chat. Every. Match.

I join team chat to a) show my team I’m willing to work with them and b) so I can make call outs and strategise with my team.

The in game communication tools are severely lacking and do not provide anywhere close to being a better alternative to team chat.

1. Just being in voice should be compulsory. Even if you go in and mute everyone, most people wouldn’t do that. Similar to when private profiles came out, everyone would leave the thing how it is: path of least resistance.
  2. If not that route, a small reward for being in voice would also work (Dev team showed they weren’t against that with credits/loot boxes in role queue)
  3. YOU CAN MUTE TOXIC PEOPLE, AND NOT EVERYONE IS TOXIC

I agree to this, bump.

make it mandatory

and i scream eternally into the mic.

Good thing we have a mute option then :slight_smile:

I like playing hard to get tho :wink:

Comixfan, what’s in it for me if I talk to you in chat? o_O